Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Forgotten Legends64: Dusty Rhodes

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Forgotten Legends64: Dusty Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
I dont see the problem with insisting on wrestling skill mattered. As it did in the NWA. But despite his size Dusty could go like the best of them. Crowd control, brawling, even endurance in the ring, Dusty could seriously go.

His series with Flair, work in Florida, feud with the Horsemen and American Dream promo alone make him one of the all time greats
I agree, the point I was trying to make was that while wrestling skill was appreciated it was not nessecarily a barometer of a wrestlers greatness during that era, due to the fact that most territories revolved around brawling. If guys in that era were concerned with our current esteem of wrokrate it probably would have changed the nature of the game back then. I do not disagree with you, but I think some guys like Rhodes lose credit in the esteem of some fans because of their brawling style, because people did not care aout that as much back then in the kayfabe era. Wrestling revolved around intense feuds that prompted brawling, the 60 minute Thesz affairs of the 60's were the exception not the rule in that era. Fans liked seeing a Brisco vs Dory masterpiece for sure, but they loved the wild brawling fueds even more.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote