Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #6949 (permalink)
Yeah1993
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Yeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

The Slamboree Benoit/Meng fucking rules. Benoit v DDP from SuperBrawl 98 would absolutely be an essential Benoit-In-WCW-Match as well. The Raven match at Souled Out 98 is probably the second best Raven match ever, and the Benoit/DDP/Raven three-way is also really good. Benoit also has really great short TV matches with Guerrero and Finlay in 1997. Hell, there's a million good Guerrero/Benoits in WCW. Every match with Booker T is good, and I've seen probably 13 of them. There's an Eddie/Jericho v Benoit/Malenko match from a 98 house show that I liked a ton. Every time he tagged with Bobby Eaton was a good time. Totally carries Sid to what's probably his best match at Souled Out 2000. Fall Brawl 96 v Jericho is really good. Souled Out 99 v Mike Enos is really good. The 9/20/99 Sting match is terrific and a top five Nitro match ever. There's two awesome Benoit/Mongo McMichael v Eddie/Jarrett matches which are two of the better Nitro matches ever. I forgot the Benoit/Finlay from June 98, which would also be a top ten Nitro match (unless it happened on Saturday Night IDFR- the match fucking rules either way). This is all going off of memory and I'd be forgetting a lot, but yeah, Benoit kicked some serious butt cheeks in WCW. I'd say there's quite a bit of "Don't Miss" for WCW Benoit.

Also IDK about Benoit and Fit not getting enough time on PPV - they got 15 minutes at Slamboree 98, which was the second longest match on that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
On last watch I was actually quite surprised how tame/subpar I actually found the Benoit/Angle mat wrestling in the Rumble encounter. Maybe I had it confused with another of their matches (I recall mania 17 having a more extensive mat wrestling portion) but when I actually watched it I never really found many of their counter wrestling and hold trading to be all that 'amazing'. Like I think Benoit/Finlay and Benoit/Regal absolutely destroy that match when it comes to the quality of hold for hold trading and mat wrestling counters.
I would be baffled if the mat work in the Benoit/Angle is any good. They do some nice counters and all, but is it really "mat wrestling" at all? I don't need "mat wrestling" for the match to be good, though. I should watch the match later today.

As far as Angle's best opponent's goes, I wouldn't have HBK anywhere. They didn't have a single match that was one tenth as good as Angle's match with Marty Jannetty. That match also falls under the 'fucking rules' category.