Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #6930 (permalink)
Yeah1993
GET MY BAGS

Yeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
Its definitely my favourite, would have to rewatch Angle/Taker from NWO to be absolutely certain where it stands re: the best though. I'm pretty sure Angle/Taker impresses me so much not only because its a legit great match in its own right, but when you take in how often Angle was a 'miss' rather than a 'hit' in big main events its incredible to see how good of a match he was in. The same reasoning is why I really adore Angle/Austin from Summerslam, both men put in excellent performances in their own right and the story is super, but seeing how far better than 95% of Angle's matches it is it makes the match feel even better in my eyes and is why I'd put it in the top bracket of matches in company history.
Yeah, Angle/Taker is definitely a great match. I said recently 06 SD Angle might be my favourite Angle and this was the #2 match of his career by a hell of a lot. #1 is SummerSlam 01, obv, but I'm trying to think of #3 and I can't think of any match that's near as good as the match with Taker. SummerSlam 02 v Rey might be #3, but Id take the Taker match over it EASILY. I used to prefer the Taker match from 03 to NWO 06, but it's probably been three years since I've watched it.