Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #6917 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Smackdown 2006 is hands the greatest year of any brand/show from 2000-2012. Roster was stacked to high heaven and even though feuds and pay per view wise it might not have been enthralling, the weekly ratio of good-very good matches was insane. Finlay, Taker, Hardy, Benoit, Regal, MNM, Orton, Mysterio etc etc the list just keeps on going.

Also features one of the best World Title bouts WWE has ever put on TV or PPV in Orton/Mysterio from April 6th. Legit at worst a top 5 WHC title match in my eyes and it only gets better on every rewatch. Actually trying to think of WHC matches I could call better and I can only really think of Angle/Taker from NWO 2006 as a clear standout, but even then whilst I'd call Angle/Taker the 'better' match, Orton/Mysterio is still something I'd call a personal favourite and a match I think higher of than Angle/Taker, if that makes any sense.

Benoit/Finlay 5/5 and 11/24 are also two of the best TV matches in WWE history, hell probably in a top 20 of matches from the company's past decade.