Wrestling Forum banner

Bound For Glory Discussion Thread

153K views 3K replies 292 participants last post by  Ruth 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES PHOENIX TO HOST “BOUND FOR GLORY” ON OCTOBER 14 | LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW, AT SELECT THEATERS NATIONWIDE AND ONLINE AT TNAONDEMAND.COM

IN HONOR OF ITS TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY, THE BIGGEST WEEKEND IN TNA HISTORY WILL ALSO FEATURE THE HALL OF FAME CELEBRATION AND POPULAR FAN INTERACTION EVENT, PRESENTED BY DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE

MAIN EVENT: WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Austin Aries (champion) vs. "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy

NO DISQUALIFICATION
Aces & Eights vs. "The Icon" Sting & Bully Ray

STREET FIGHT
Bobby Roode vs. "Cowboy" James Storm
Special Enforcer: King Mo

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (champions) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Samoa Joe (champion) vs. Magnus

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Miss Tessmacher (champion) vs. Tara

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Zema Ion (champion) vs. Rob Van Dam

Al Snow vs Joey Ryan

Spike TV will present a new one-hour special, “Countdown to Bound For Glory,” on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT that will provide an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at TNA’s biggest and most star-studded event of the year.

See less See more
1 9
#203 ·
First thought predictions. Might change some as I actually think about it over the next couple of days.

Jeff Hardy over Austin Aries to win title
Aces and Eights over Sting and Bully Ray
Daniels and Kazarian to retain tag titles
James Storm over Bobby Roode with the help of King Mo
Tara over Miss Teschmacher to win title
Joey Ryan over Al Snow
Zema Ion over Rob Van Dam to retain
Samoa Joe over Magnus to retain

#204 ·
I just want to say that I absolutely fucking hate this King Mo clown being added to Roode/Storm. This is the culmination of a year long, personal feud that did not require any intervention from anybody else. Complete garbage.

If they were insisting on him being in a match, put him in the tag titles match or some shit. Not this beauty of a bout, because we know he will have a part to play. Now I can't see Roode winning at all, even though a Storm win was always more likely anyhow.

They have almost ruined the match for me by introducing this idiot.

#205 ·
I'm still going by the microscopic chance that the moron will only be there to count the fall. Maybe have INTENSE STAREDOWNS w/both a la Ken Shamrock at WrestleMania 13. That will work. He needs to do nothing and let the real talent do what they're gonna do.

Aside from that one note, Impact got me very pumped for the show. I got to say on paper it is looking really good. Addition of what should hopefully be a fun match for the X Gold only adds to it. I like that RVD is working vs a virtual unknown in Zema Ion. RVD has only really been in the ring with established guys in TNA so I like the new change here. Lets see if Ion can get RVD motivated for his match. Or it being at BFG will do it.

Really hyped for Joe/Magnus now too. Kind of just not dawned on me that Magnus is getting his own singles match at the biggest PPV of the year. He had his moment in 2009, but now this is truely his match. No better opponent to have it against than another deserving talent in Samoa Joe. Lets hope these guys can really tear it up together. Strong chemistry as a team. Now lets cross our fingers that it will translate to when they're opponents.

One final thing to add here and that's how Impact ended. Finally, FINALLY the build for Aries/Hardy reached a fever pitch. That promo by Aries lit a fire behind this, behind my interest, and behind the real progression of where this is headed. Don't know if I can say Aries went full heel tonight, however, that heat might follow him over to Arizona come Sunday. Sheesh what a promo. Talk about taking a page out of the Punker's book. Loved it for what it was. Hard pressed for me to really think all of it was scripted (too naive?). That's sometimes the route you need to take to makes things better. Make it more legit. Always seems to add that little bit more. The kayfabe fantasy is always enough to sell us as fans, sure. Yet I know a lot would probably agree with me that throwing in some honest elements in the mix is always a recipe for a better program.

#212 ·
One final thing to add here and that's how Impact ended. Finally, FINALLY the build for Aries/Hardy reached a fever pitch. That promo by Aries lit a fire behind this, behind my interest, and behind the real progression of where this is headed. Don't know if I can say Aries went full heel tonight, however, that heat might follow him over to Arizona come Sunday. Sheesh what a promo. Talk about taking a page out of the Punker's book. Loved it for what it was. Hard pressed for me to really think all of it was scripted (too naive?). That's sometimes the route you need to take to makes things better. Make it more legit. Always seems to add that little bit more. The kayfabe fantasy is always enough to sell us as fans, sure. Yet I know a lot would probably agree with me that throwing in some honest elements in the mix is always a recipe for a better program.
I think it begs the question is Austin Aries actually turning heel or was that a set up for a Hardy heel turn Sunday (be it with or without the Aces and 8's) ? Is Aries actually the face with a legitimate grievance against company brass ?

#214 ·
I wrote this in the discussion thread, but I'm going to post it here because it has a lot of my thoughts on the leadup to BFG.

1. LOL @ "My nuts hurt!" Jeff is such a geek.

2. There really isn't much to the feud between Aries and Hardy. Their feud is probably going to continue after BFG, especially after Aries' promo and possible heel turn, but it's a shame that TNA couldn't do something to make their match at TNA's biggest PPV of the year feel like more than just a match. Right now, this feels more like a prologue than a first chapter.

3. Storm and Roode's feud has lost a lot of steam. I was hopefully they could use the four week leading to BFG to ignite the flames that were once there, but they haven't really done that. I'm sure the match will be great, but it could have been so much more. Once again, this feels like just a match.

4. Bully Ray will turn on Sting. That is all.

5. I chuckled at Kaz referring to Hogan as "Thunderlips".

6. The triple threat tag team match has some heat. It's not as much as one would like, but it's been a long time since the tag division has done something, so it's still a positive.

7. Magnus v Joe could have been so much more. Maybe not feud of the year, but at least something resembling of a feud. This feels like such a last minute angle, which it shouldn't considering it's been teased at for weeks.

8. So RVD had a chance to insert himself in any match at BFG and he choose a X Division match against Zema Ion? This guy is the biggest moron in the world. He has to get off the pot.

9. Zema Ion is probably going to drop the strap to No Job Rob.

10. Good show, but most of the feuds feel underdeveloped.

11. I hate when anyone on a wrestling show takes out a script, throws it away, and say they're going off the script. The promo didn't need that. He could have said everything he said without it. Thanks for breaking my suspension of disbelief.

#216 ·
I want to see what's going to happen with bully ray and sting, because after aries turn ( he's going to be booed at BFG no doubt), we have a lot of main heels. Roode,Aries,Bully and aces of eights of course. So clearly the logical thing would be a face turn for bully but ... i don't buy it, his character is really a son of a bitch, he's going to backstab sting.
Quite exciting story.
And damn i wanna know who are those aces'n'eights.. No,no i'm not a mark at all!

#219 ·
Aries almost had a pindrop pop when he came out for his match (Storm had a big pop).. the more i see Roode (who had an awesoem reign), the more i believe taking the title off him was the biggest mistake TNA made this year.

and AJ jobbing in 3 mins supermex.. :smh:

#221 ·
My expectations are very high for this ppv, best looking card I've seen this year.
Even the undercard matches are promising.

#222 ·
Definetly a solid card. Surprised they booked almost all if their talent without any huge clusterfuck matches, with Abyss/Joseph Park and Ken Anderson being the noticeable absences from the lineup (but with both likely to make an appearance during Aces & Eights versus Sting-Ray Match) Should be a great show IMO...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.