Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MMA Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #469 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 AM
TCE
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Forgive my ignorance lol but are these all UFC? I know of UFC and Strikeforce but that's about it. I know of a couple of fighters too and have watched the odd fight here and there but never with any great interest. I'm willing to seriously give it a go this time around though. WWE just isn't doing the business anymore tbh and the recent Lesnar matches against Cena and HHH completely mesmerized me and that was all down to Brock and his MMA style. I figure I may as well check out the real thing and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I'll definitely be looking into some of these when I get the time.
Also, if you haven't already, you may want to watch some of the early Ultimate Fighters. Even though 'TUF' is nowhere near as good as it used to be. TUF 1 up until 6 were actually really good and quite a lot of the fighters are still in the UFC. It'll give you a general idea of who they are, where they come from and you can get a feeling for the coaches to.

If you don't know already, TUF (The Ultimate Fighter) is a reality based television program created by the UFC. It's basically a tournament and 16 fighters have to live under one roof and fight every week for a 6 figure contract with the UFC.

Also have a look at some Pride Fighting Championship highlights on Youtube, you won't be disappointed.

Plus check out Pride - Decade (a documentary on Pride Fighting Championshhips), one of the best MMA docs to date. Will give you a really good look at some of the most dominating and best fighters in MMA and UFC - Beyond The Glory (UFC doc) that tells you about the early days of the UFC and how far it has come.

A couple other fights to check out:

Big Nog vs. Randy Couture
Shogun Rua vs. Lil' Nog
Mark Hunt vs. Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Mark Hunt vs. Yosuke Nishijima
Korean Zombie vs. Leonard Garcia (1st fight in WEC)
Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama
James Thompson vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
Melvin Manhoef vs. Cyborg
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kestutis Smirnovas
Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry
Don Frye vs. Ken Shamrock

I think everyone else covered quite a lot of the other best fights to watch.

Also, here are a couple cool GIF's.

PS: What the fuck is this Asking Scott Steiner for wrestling advice shit all about under my username? Any way I can change that shit?

Last edited by TCE; 10-07-2012 at 08:34 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome