Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official World Of Sport (British Wrestling 1970s-1980s) Appreciation Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
11rob2k
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Official World Of Sport (British Wrestling 1970s-1980s) Appreciation Thread

Fit Finlay vs Danny Collins 86-02-01

Now before this match even begins I want to bring up how great a job Kent Walton did putting over this 18 year old Danny Collins as the under dog who has no chance against a competitor as tough as Fit Finlay, It really help build up some sympathy for the babyface Danny Collins.

Now this was billed as a catchweight match which for the most part Finlay didn’t treat as one and proceeded to give Danny one hell of a beating, Danny was taking some really nasty looking bumps all through the match including a stiff uppercut in the first round which looked like it could knock out a man who was twice the size of Danny, It could have been all over in the first round to as Finlay was just about to lock in a single leg Boston crab before the bell went.

Things didn’t get much better for Danny in the second round he did hit a cross body from the top but apart from that Finlay was in control. Kent Walton is still doing a great job getting sympathy for the babyface.

Danny did a great job in the finally round, kept getting up after everything Finlay did to him and wouldn’t stay down until Finlay finally hit him with a piledriver for the win.

Not a bad match at all ***

Danny along with Kent Walton did a great job of playing up his babyface role in this match, selling all his bumps like a champ and getting big cheers when even he hit a move, which I think he only did three times all match, A really good underdog performance by Danny Collins, and like i already said It's not a bad match.

Last edited by 11rob2k : 10-07-2012 at 06:58 AM.
11rob2k is offline   Reply With Quote