Wrestling Forum banner

Which match should main event Wrestlemania 30?

• Steve Austin Vs CM Punk

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • John Cena Vs The Undertaker

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • The Rock Vs Brock Lesnar

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Goldberg Vs Batista

Votes: 0 0.0%

Which match should main event Wrestlemania 30?

4K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  Vyed 
#1 · (Edited)
Is this was the top three matches for Mania 30, which one should main event?

John Cena Vs The Undertaker

Steve Austin Vs CM Punk

The Rock Vs Brock Lesnar

Goldberg Vs Batista

#3 · (Edited)
If the title is in Punk/Austin, that. If not, it's a toss-up between Taker/Cena and Rock/Lesnar. Rock/Lesnar would be responsible for the most buys no doubt due to the mainstream appeal, but due to the major appeal to current WWE/Wrestling fans and how big the Taker/Cena match is, it would main event I'd assume even over Rock/Lesnar.

I don't know about anybody, but I hate the idea of two part-timers main eventing Wrestlemania. One part-timer and a full-timer? Sure, but two part-timers just doesn't sit well with me no matter how big they are. Even the possible Taker/Rock and Taker/Lesnar match main eventing one of the Manias rubs me the wrong way if there's something else that could feasibly be the last match of the show (Punk/HHH, Rock/Cena II, Punk/Austin, etc.)

#7 ·
Two factors IMO

Which one has the WWE Championship gives it an edge and if a John Cena heel turn is planned.

A Cena heel turn against Taker, has to main-event. Rock/Brock is probably the biggest match but neither guy needs to main event and the match doesn't need the title. it would work just fine in the middle of the card.

So basically if Cena turns heel then that's the main-event if not Austin/Punk, especially if it has the title obviously.

#8 · (Edited)
I really don't think Rock/Brock should main event... Cena/Taker is a much bigger match in this Era for the fans, it will be unpredictable, anything could happen and it is perhaps the biggest match of this Era. Rock/Brock is just a showcase match really, as big as it is, it doesn't really matter who wins imo, which will likely be the face (The Rock).

As for Cena/Taker, i'm not sure i want to see heel Cena vs Taker. Heel Cena will be just another...heel. It wouldn't be hard for anyone to believe that heel Cena will lose. However if Cena is face, it is a completely different thing. A bit like how Triple-H/Taker was bigger the last two years because both were top faces. If Cena is heel it wouldn't be hard to see him lose cause a 'heel' Cena isn't exactly Superman. But face vs face Taker vs Cena will be much more unpredictable, specially if the stipulation is I Quit. And i'm not saying Cena should be complete babyface though, he should have a good reason to go for the streak. Like maybe he feels he needs to accomplish something big to prove he is the best, and it becomes a strong goal for him to beat Taker at Mania.

#11 ·
Cena/Taker is the only one of those that's likely to take place anywhere on the card, and yah, I think it's going to ME as Taker's last match.

I highly doubt that Austin/Punk is going to happen in general.
Same thing goes for Lesnar/Rock, which will happen at 29 if it's done at any WM.
Goldberg/Batista, lol.

#26 ·
If its Takers last match then it must main event, im sure SCSA would be fine & allow that to happen duo to respect, he prob just doesnt want two random guys in the spot
I doubt that and perhaps rightfully so.

If it is Steve Austin's big return match, he should main event without a question. How many wrestlemanias has Cena main evented by now? Taker has his winning streak which is often hyped over the main event itself.

Austin absolutely deserves the honour, even if it isn't the top drawing match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.