Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #473 (permalink)
truk83
Getting over in the mid-card

truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
Rollins has the sort of look that some fans get behind. He also has the advantage of being a strongly booked face (arguably the most strongly booked face in FCW/NXT going back for a year plus), which helps with someone's overness. Look at Ryback, for example. People chant with him all the time, and he doesn't even cut promos.

Don't get me wrong. I don't actually dislike Rollins. I just don't think he's "all that" like some people do. His ring work can be quite good, so he has that going for him. He works well with McGillicutty in the ring, which I find more important than promo skills anyway.
I certainly don't think he is "all that" as you put it, but I do think he is the ideal person to build NXT around. Fans do love to get behind this man, and I think he has way more upside than a Jeff Hardy as well. Rollins is an all around solid worker. His mic skills aren't great, but over time I think that is something that will improve. He has the charisma that others like Shelton, or Morrison just lacked. There is a presence with Seth. He has the passion for the business, and you can see it in practically all of his work.

He will certainly be a breath of fresh air once he debuts on the main roster, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him after WM. They will need to figure out who to build the show around, and my guess would be Richie Steamboat, it's his time to lead NXT, and I would even throw Bo Dallas down the line as a possible "face" of the NXT show after Steamboat. Rollins has done well as a champion, and I actually enjoy his matches. NXT in general has been very nostalgic in some ways.