Wrestling Forum banner

Bound For Glory Discussion Thread

153K views 3K replies 292 participants last post by  Ruth 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES PHOENIX TO HOST “BOUND FOR GLORY” ON OCTOBER 14 | LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW, AT SELECT THEATERS NATIONWIDE AND ONLINE AT TNAONDEMAND.COM

IN HONOR OF ITS TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY, THE BIGGEST WEEKEND IN TNA HISTORY WILL ALSO FEATURE THE HALL OF FAME CELEBRATION AND POPULAR FAN INTERACTION EVENT, PRESENTED BY DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE

MAIN EVENT: WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Austin Aries (champion) vs. "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy

NO DISQUALIFICATION
Aces & Eights vs. "The Icon" Sting & Bully Ray

STREET FIGHT
Bobby Roode vs. "Cowboy" James Storm
Special Enforcer: King Mo

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (champions) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Samoa Joe (champion) vs. Magnus

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Miss Tessmacher (champion) vs. Tara

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Zema Ion (champion) vs. Rob Van Dam

Al Snow vs Joey Ryan

Spike TV will present a new one-hour special, “Countdown to Bound For Glory,” on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT that will provide an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at TNA’s biggest and most star-studded event of the year.

See less See more
1 9
#99 ·
I don't know who messed up. But it is like a myth which aren't true but people has heard it over and over so people believe it to be true.

You aren't allowed to that very much to begin with. All I am saying is someone messed up somewhere down the road, and then you do the mistake over and over again.

#103 ·
Well there are five matches that have the potential to be motn in my opinion and are go through them now

austin aries vs jeff hardy
we all know what A double can do. it just depends on what Jeff Hardy turns up on the night. Not sure who will win the match but I have a funny feeling that AA's might have a hand in the outcome of the match.

AA'S vs Sting & Bully Ray
If TNA do use this match to reveal who is under the masks then I hope they have gotten a big name to be either the leader or the vp. If not then this could not only put a downer on the rest of the evening but could also be damageing to the company going forward. As for the match itself it all depends on which two members of aces take on Sting and bully ray. If TNA get this right then this could be a very entertaining match.

Kaz & Daniels vs Aj & Angle vs Chavo & Hernandez
I'm getting quite exited about this match at the moment and can't wait to see what chavo and hernandez bring to the matchup. I expect to see Kaz and Daniels keep the titles after possible interfearance from a certain AA's member who goes by the name of Wes Brisco.

Bobbie roode vs james storm
This two guys know each other inside out and i'm expecting a five star match here. my only concern is the inclusion of King Mo. Tna may have made a mistake here and could ruin the match.

Samoa Joe vs Magnus
It looks as if Tna are going to finally give Magnus a push and I think we may see a upset here and see Joe drop the belt. Either way its going to be a top match.

As for the other two matches they don't intrest me at all. but don't be surprised if you also get a X division title match as well.

#117 ·
Before the Bell was freakin' epic!!! Here's hoping the countdown show will be too. :) Really hyped up for BFG (I was kinda hyped up even before I saw the video) and I'm looking forward to a great show.

#118 ·
I was in the VIP room up in the club last night and I saw King Mo and I whispered too him "Is Bully Ray going to turn on TNA at BFG?" and he said "Fuck No you cabbage patch kid looking motha fucka!" So... take that for what it's worth.

I think it's good that Bully will remain loyal too TNA.

#120 ·
The more I think about it, the more I start to see the cracks in the card. At first I was excited, but I now I sort of agree with a lot of you.

-Aries/Hardy is a great pairing. The BFG series winner with redemption on the mind, the underdog world champion with who envies the success of the the challenger, they're evenly matched, can move quickly, will probably have a great match, and I'm happy with either going over.

-Storm/Roode I agree with. It's almost as if TNA knew that everyone knew this match would happen at BFG, so they didn't bother with a great build. Why did Roode hit Storm with the bottle at No Surrender again? A grudge feud with an MMA fighter that I've never heard of as the enforcer? Meh. That's a useless distraction in the wrong match. TNA has always done this. Jarrett/Rhino...with Tito Ortiz as the special ref...for no friggin reason.

-I think the tag title match is "watery." Angle has main-evented BFG in 2007, 2010, and 2011, and shouldn't just be one of six guys in a 3-way tag title match, especially when two of those guys are Chavo and Hernandez. No disrespect, they're both good athletes, but if they were going to do a tag match, I would have rather it have been WTTCOTW vs. Angle/Style in a stip match (since TNA blew the rematch on No Surrender), or just WTTCOTW vs. Chavo/Hernandez. Either way, this 3-way will probably be a great match.

-Remember when Samoa Joe ended Christian's two-year winning streak? Or when he defended the WHC in the main event of BFG against Sting? It seems like ever since he lost that title, things have just gotten worse and worse. Passed out to Lashley at BFG in 2009, got pinnned by Nash in 2010, pinned by Crimson again in 2011, and now he's defending the TV title against...Magnus? Who gives a shit? The same Magnus who lost to RVD like three times recently? Why not just do Joe/RVD and give them some actual time. Two former world champions for a secondary title is always awesome.

-I haven't followed the storyline between Joey Ryan and Al Snow, even though I heard it was good. You know what I haven't? I don't care who Joey Ryan is, and Al Snow has been a low-card guy his entire career. Spending all this time on this feud is no different than WWE spending eight months on Lawler/Cole.

-And I completely agree about the tag match. After months of buildup, a two-on-two between two guys from Aces & 8s and StingRay? This has been a huge storyline, and this match is too "small" to justify it. An 8-man, 10-man, Lethal Lockdown, even six-man would be better. Get Anderson, RVD, in there, something. If Ray turns...duh. If Sting turns...huh? If ANYONE turns...meh. And I'm definitely annoyed that with all of his involvment in the feud, Hogan won't even be in the match. I hope he has some ringside involvement, that would be cool.

All in all, my thoughts on the matches aside, there is still a lot of potential. The WHC, Tag titles, and Storm/Roode could all steal the show, and everything else could be pretty good.

#121 ·
Even though card is not uber awesome at first glance, crowd and individual wrestler performances could elevate it to greatness. I have faith.

#124 ·
With cards like this that TNA puts together, I always have that feeling that we're gonna see a 5 star match in one of, if not, two of the matches on the card. With this card, it's no difference. Have Snow/Ryan or RVD/Ion on the countdown show and give the important matches more time to work magic. Any of the big 4 matches(except maybe A&8s/Sting&Bully) can be 5 star matches. But then again, I'm usually disappointed. But we'll see.

#133 ·
Here are a couple scenarios I have for the Sting/Bully Ray vs 2 A&8s members match.

My unrealistic scenario that I'd mark out for: The two members turned out to be The Briscoe Brothers (being that it's 2 on 2, you'd think A&8s would be debuting their tag team.) But it doesn't seem like these guys are on their way out of ROH.

Realistically: I think the team of Luke Gallows and Mike Knox is possible. I could see Luke Gallows/Mike Knox vs Sting/Bully Ray and an interference by Matt Morgan(Either with or against TNA is possible.)

Plenty of different ways this could work and I'm excited to see how it plays out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.