Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Whether you like him or not CM Punk is now carrying a lot of the company weight.

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
L-DOPA
I'll never be lonesome again.

L-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a push
Default Re: Whether you like him or not CM Punk is now carrying a lot of the company weight.

I don't necessarily agree with the OP but why is there so much emphasis on how much of a draw a wrestler is from fans on the internet? It shouldn't matter how much of a "draw" he is. If you find him entertaining, you find him entertaining. Let the people who run the company worry about ratings and such. It shouldn't matter to us. Using it as an argument for someone being crap is such a cop out when the very same people who say that praise guys to no end who aren't proven draws either. It's hypocritical.

Having said that, Punk is not "sharing the load", that is a definite stretch. Most of the pressure still remains on Cena's shoulders without a doubt and he is the undisputed number 1 guy in the company. And its not going to change for a little while yet. Punk will never be "the guy" but has a real chance of cementing himself as the top heel in the company. And he's doing a pretty good job of it so far.

I'm a Laura Stevenson guy
L-DOPA is offline   Reply With Quote