Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #150 (permalink)
Notorious
P.O.P., hold it down

Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Except it's not. That's just what primarily underground rap fans want to believe.

Kanye West doesn't make music that makes people dance.
Eminem doesn't make music that makes people dance.
Nas doesn't make music that makes people dance.
Jay-Z doesn't make music that makes people dance.
2Pac didn't make music that made people dance.
Biggie didn't make music that made people dance.

Sure some of those guys might have made a couple songs that people can dance to, but you don't have to make "dance music" to be mainstream. You don't have to make "dance music" to become big in the rap game, that's just something that guys who can't get over say.

There's even some new guys on the rise like Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole & Big K.R.I.T. who don't make music for people to dance.

Oh and:
Quote:
Apathy put it best"I never made it because I never tried to make you dance" and quite frankly try to tell me Paul Wall,Asher Roth or most of the mainstream isn't about dance music.