Wrestling Forum banner

Kofi Kingston Sucks

23K views 208 replies 102 participants last post by  BaraaTZK92 
#1 ·
Let's just get this out there because me saying it in another thread was apparently oh so controversial. I rarely ever make threads but this is apparently something that people are passionate about if my rep from that other thread is any indication. I would LOVE to hear logical reasons as to why Kofi is anything other than terrible.

For anyone that missed it, this was the post:
What Vince should do is make a fucking example out of someone & fire their ass. I don't mean on-air humiliation, I mean "you mother-fuckers are half-assing it & coasting & we're not going to stand for it." There's a lot of people to choose from, like Kofi is a great example.
Kofi Kingston is a terrible professional wrestler. I don't know him personally, he might be a great guy, but as far as being a wrestler/entertainer, he is terrible. He is a good athlete, he can jump high, but he's a terrible WRESTLER. He specifically lacks all the things that you would want from a good wrestler, like having good offense, or believable defense. His facial expressions are bad, his comebacks are worse, his selling is lackluster to say the least. He might have the worst timing in the entire company & he can't talk. What exactly does he bring to the table? He gets a reaction? A lot of people get reactions, that doesn't translate into ticket sales, PPV buys or TV ratings for them all.

When I think of the WWE as a whole & why it is in a slump, I think of the roster & how everyone is just phoning it in, half-assing it & just coasting along just to get a paycheck. To me, Kofi Kingston is the poster boy of that mentality. Just because he does the basic paint-by-the-numbers Kofi match, complete with a high cross body & maybe a springboard chop, that doesn't mean he's doing anything! He is not memorable whatsoever, unless he is in a gimmick match featuring a ladder. What is even the highlight of his career, taking a superkick from Shawn Michaels? Blowing the finish of a match with Randy Orton leading to Orton breaking character due to being pissed on live TV?

If Kofi Kingston was fat, or in the main event, do you have any idea how fast the IWC would turn on him? A helluva lot faster than they turned on A.J. Lee, I can tell you that. This is just more bullshit "well he's in the midcard so he's underused!" just like people that try to sell us on Teddy Hart or Alex Riley, because they want to seem different & original.

During the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable, when Jim Ross was talking about wrestlers that just do what they're told, don't bother to ever speak up or ruffle feathers & just want to get their paycheck so they can pay their bills, I was thinking specifically of Kofi Kingston. When Carlito did the same thing, he was made an example of, on live TV, by Ric Flair cutting a promo on him & eventually released from WWE...but Kofi gets a free ride. Why? What does Kofi provide that you can't get from someone else on the roster, better? Kofi is not hungry, he doesn't seem to care at all. He's not trying to improve himself or climb up the ladder, he's sitting around waiting & hoping that it is given to him. During his off time, he's playing fucking video games instead of trying to improve. He is a great example of everything that is wrong with not just this generation of professional wrestlers but the fans too when they buy into the bland bullshit.

So, what are you thoughts on Kofi Kingston? Positive or negative & why?

See less See more
#203 ·
I totally agree. I don't like his gimmick at all, the only person that smiles as much as he does is Layla and it really distracts me. People shouldn't be so cheery when they're wrestling. His moveset is also lacking, in my opinion. He jumps high and that's it. He doesn't have any flashy moves like most high flyers and I haven't seen him do much on the technical side either. He does a springboard clothesline when he could maybe do something like a springboard tornado DDT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.