Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - READY, STEADY, ALASTAIR COOK's Cricket Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #326 (permalink)
Jammy
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500Jammy 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Cricket Discussion Thread

all top teams have pretty good rivalries with each other. Eng vs Aus has to be the most historic pure cricketing rivalry, India v Pak is big because of 3 wars and the fact the retards spew their jingoistic nonsense every time a match goes on, which pisses me off, since it highlights an underlying, dangerous hatred between two nations with undertones of religious and cultural superiority. They try to mask it as a healthy rivalry, but it isnt.

My favorite cricketing rivalry is India vs Australia, not pandering to anyone here, the sheer quality of cricket in the 2000's between the two teams, especially from 2001-2005 was something else. Guys like Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman only made their name due to the quality of bowling they faced from the ATG Aus bowling attack.

Gilchrist in '04. (the series in '04 was extraordinary, iirc Steve Waugh retired at the SCG)

Quote:
He rated the Indians as the toughest opponents that he had faced. "It's been the toughest home series I've played in. It's been a real challenge to find ways to get these guys out. It's one of the best batting line-ups in the world, going back a long way."
Langer in '04

Quote:
"The reality of this series is the extraordinary Indian batting," Langer said, "there is a lot we can learn from them. They look so patient, as if they are in a meditative state. It's awesome the way they apply themselves. I can't remember being under pressure in this manner - the pressure to bowl against them, field against them, and to chase huge scores.

"I can't remember in my career playing a team (like them). It's a credit to them that they have been able to play like that in these conditions."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/137315.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/137329.html

Sad to see such an exciting rivalry fall thanks to a shit performance by India, nothing depressed me more than that. I don't care if we get knocked out of every T20 tournament in the group stage for the next 20 years. Nothing will rival the feeling of depression after loosing to England and Oz 0-8.

Last edited by Jammy : 10-06-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote