Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 10 non American/Canadian future venues for Wrestlemania.

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senor Ding Dong
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Senor Ding Dong 101 - 250Senor Ding Dong 101 - 250
Default Re: 10 non American/Canadian future venues for Wrestlemania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peowulf View Post
This list could have just as well been called: 10 good European and South American Stadiums. It has nothing to do with Wrestlemania. The time difference factor is too detrimental to hold Wrestlemania anywhere else. Unless in the future interest for WWE in America plummets to a point where it's more profitable to cater to the European/Japanese/Latin American audiences.
I'd imagine the publicity that hosting one Wrestlemania in London would bring would offset any lost revenue from buyrates in the States. It's not exactly something you could do yearly but as a one off, it's possible. If it was during the Attitude Era it would have made headlines throughout Europe and been as anticipated as the Olympics this year. Alas it's the crappy PG era, so it wouldn't be quite that popular but it'd still make probably more news than hosting it in St. Louis or Denver or whatever. People in the States would just take a day off to watch the thing or avoid spoilers. It's not like the time difference in hosting football World Cups and European Championships in Europe or Euro time zone equivalents (South Africa) has affected viewing figures for those events. In fact they keep increasing exponentially event upon event.

If it happens, it'd be a one off but I could theoretically see London hosting it. Hell most of the pro sports leagues in America have a massive hard on for London, the NFL keeps hinting at hosting a Superbowl there (which would be as stupid as hosting the FA Cup final in NYC but I digress) and all the sports leagues except for MLB have floated the potential of London franchises. I don't see them ever placing a franchise in London before we have supersonic jets capable of hopping across the Atlantic like Concorde used to but that's a logistics issue more than anything else. Wrestlemania as a one off event doesn't have this issue.

Last edited by Senor Ding Dong : 10-06-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Senor Ding Dong is offline   Reply With Quote