Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - READY, STEADY, ALASTAIR COOK's Cricket Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #321 (permalink)
DarthSimian
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

DarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESSDarthSimian was rejected by a GODDESS
Default Re: Cricket Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe_Maverick View Post
Meaningless? Yes, a tradition of over 130 years is meaningless. Forz the crash and bash gimmick format~!~!
History does not make it meaningful, especially when the form is dying. When nobody other than the two countries care about, it is about as meaningless as it can be. Maybe it was meaningful 130 years back when only two countries were playing cricket

Quote:
the MCG attracted over 80,000 for Day 1, and then 65,000+ for Days 2 and 3, way more than T20 could ever hope to attract. Inept troll.
A simple league IPL match gets the stadium over 80% full and an IPL final is sold completely ( in a 90,000 stadium). Heck, even a post IPL celebration got more than 50k crowd. While you need a marquee match on a holiday to fill up your test stands.

Quote:
Face it, Darth, you're just bitterly jealous that India does not have a rivalry on par with the Ashes and no amount of crash and bash success can make up for it.
Heh, India vs Pakistan is the best rivalry in cricket today, among the meaningless bilateral ones. You are just frustrated that the status from 130 years was has been changed to the current subcontinent rivalry.

Quote:
The attendance patterns have reflected it in every touring party that test matches are more attended than the ODIs and T20's. That's the same for England, South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand
Again, I am talking about the world. Not a single region.
When you consider the world statistics, T20 crowd whoops the test crowd.

Are you seriously saying that Sri Lanka and New Zealand have more crowd for T20 than tests?
What a delusional post. Did you even see the recent SL vs Pak test series which were played in empty grounds? Even in South Africa you get more or less full stadium fro T20 events, making it similar to test there. Which means that it is only AUs and Eng where there are test crowd and are hardly majority as far as world cricket is concerned.

Hey look ! Look at the big sporting events in South Africa
http://www.southafrica.info/about/sp...m#.UHAg2ZjMhRw

I see World Cup. I see World T20. I see champions Trophy. I even see IPL ! Where is any mention of a test match?

Also, research some more. One of the highest crowd in South Africa was for the T20 match between India and SA - 47,000 - as much as the average crowd for FIFA World Cup in SA
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/9352126.stm

Quote:
Mohali is quite a way for people to get to in that area. The popular grounds like Banglalore, Mumbai, Kolkata all love test cricket and will always attend, and in large numbers.
Haha, test matches are held usually in large cities.
This was Kolkatta in the last test match played there
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...historic-venue

"Eden Gardens looks like a morgue, tweets Tony Greig"

Bangalore gets more crowd with $30 tickets for T20 than a test match with $2 tickets.

Next time, do better research than posting delusional assumptions in an argument

Sheamus
Drew McIntyre
C M Punk
Kane
John Cena

Last edited by DarthSimian : 10-06-2012 at 07:38 AM.
DarthSimian is offline   Reply With Quote