Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Pay Per Views do not a help the wrestling business, artistically. CWFH Proves that.
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
RoosterSmith
Working on my abs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Pay Per Views do not a help the wrestling business, artistically. CWFH Proves th

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAUSA1 View Post
Tv back in the day was used to sell house shows or LIVE EVENTS as they like to call it. Especially during the height of the Hulkamania era. WWE used to pimp the hell out of house shows. Then came Raw, Raw is the first wrestling show that didn't focus on building up house shows. That's the reason why Raw get all the praise even though WWE been on the USA network in primetime since the early 80's. Raw really put focus on the ppvs.

Every promotion is different. In Mexico, AAA and CMLL does not need ppv, everything airs on tv. Dave Marquez is one of the most smartest(great politicians) on the indy scene. He got connections everywhere, he broker the deal between NJPW/TNA. He help the NWA get a deal with Big Vision, brought Blue Demon to the NWA which led to a deal with Coca Cola(the only reason why Blue Demon became champion). He works for a tv station that allow CWFH to get a tv deal in L.A. He doesn't need ippv's or dvds because he makes money in other ways. TCW is the same way too. Companies like Chikara,PWG,etc. need ppvs/dvds to sell their shows. And the only way to sell ppvs/dvds is too off a blow off to a storyline.
facinating man. i never even heard of this Marquez guy. I don't watch MLL really.

I guess it can be done as long as you work hard on the business side of things.

I remember the days when TV was just for selling live event tickets. Dark days man, dark days ...

I guess I should give PPV's more props than I do. They have made things better.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome