Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #465 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Pac wasn't a wannabe, Even though he repped MOB Pirus toward the end of his life, the man had street cred. He made a treaty between Bloods/Crips, was in poverty, was in the hood on both coasts, had a single parent, etc. To some people that's Gangsta.

And I agree Pac changed, I'm 14 and I just started listening to his music last year, The Pac before death row was somebody who had plans for the black community, that was all about ending the war on the streets. The Pac that went with Death Row, sold his soul to the devil figuratively, Got more fame, and recognition, but did things like saying Fuck Peace, repping the Bloods (Old 2Pac wanted gang unity), hooking up with the Outlawz, and basically claiming to be a gangster, influencing young black males that this was the right thing to do. Hell even his clothing changed. He went from wearing snapbacks, to bandannas.

Tupac was a thug from birth to the day he died, Only difference is, one was a revolutionary while the other was someone willing to jump a Crip.
A couple things I gotta disagree with.....2Pac was down with the Outlawz before Death Row. They were known as Dramacydal orginally, and were on Me Against the World, and had worked with Pac as far back as 93.

Also, I don't think the "snapbacks to bandanas" thing was significant. That was just fashion changes. Nobody called them snapbacks then, they were just the standard, regular hat. Once fitteds became more common, snapbacks were old and cheap and nobody wore them anymore by the mid-late 90's.

Crazy to me how they are popular now, they're just a shitty hat and better quality hats exist and kids WANT the shitty ones. LOL.