Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #464 (permalink)
Combat Analyst
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveMent View Post
Really? I would that's what made Eminem, Jadakiss, Nas, and Jay-Z's respective diss tracks so good. Pac came off as a loud mouth wannabe gangsta.
Pac wasn't a wannabe, Even though he repped MOB Pirus toward the end of his life, the man had street cred. He made a treaty between Bloods/Crips, was in poverty, was in the hood on both coasts, had a single parent, etc. To some people that's Gangsta.

And I agree Pac changed, I'm 14 and I just started listening to his music last year, The Pac before death row was somebody who had plans for the black community, that was all about ending the war on the streets. The Pac that went with Death Row, sold his soul to the devil figuratively, Got more fame, and recognition, but did things like saying Fuck Peace, repping the Bloods (Old 2Pac wanted gang unity), hooking up with the Outlawz, and basically claiming to be a gangster, influencing young black males that this was the right thing to do. Hell even his clothing changed. He went from wearing snapbacks, to bandannas.

Tupac was a thug from birth to the day he died, Only difference is, one was a revolutionary while the other was someone willing to jump a Crip.

Black Is Beautiful

Spoiler for DrIllmatic:

Last edited by Combat Analyst : 10-05-2012 at 11:44 PM.