Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #461 (permalink)
A$AP
MCMXCII

A$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselvesA$AP has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
I wasn't referring to his music as much as his actions. He made quite a few poor decisions after he got out of jail. Shoulda sat his ass down and chilled a little bit. Just didn't seem necessary, all that BS at Death Row. It was surreal at times.
Totally agreed. I didn't have a problem or was arguing with any of that.

Calling him a wannabe was what pissed me off. What makes him more of a wannabe than anyone else? That was what I was arguing.

On the subject of Pac's bad decisions though, I was reading one of his biographies and Shock G addressed Pac's erratic behavior towards the end of his life in the best way I've ever come across. Here's the excerpt:

Quote:
"Pac took on the United States government, the media, and the national police force, all in defense of us, the common people. So for us to turn around and let him be down like that, be shot, robbed and persecuted, without any answers; it not only broke his heart but left him bitter and disillusioned. Notice the change in his lyrics, his laugh, the innocence in his eyes, and most of all his attitude in the interviews after the New York shooting. Naturally, he abandoned the east coast afterwards. From 1989 to 1994, Pac's "I don't give a fuck" was just a slogan, an anthem to represent the lost souls of America. After 1995, he really didn't give a fuck. I knew Pac the human being who wrote 2pacalypse Now and Me Against The World, not the tortured and broken down beast who wrote Makaveli. I don't recognize my friend Tupac Shakur on Makaveli. That's someone else. "
Edit: The book is Tupac Shakur: The Life and Times of An American Icon by Tayannah Lee McQuillar and Fred L. Johnson. Definitely a must read for any Pac fans.

Last edited by A$AP : 10-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.