Wrestling Forum banner

Do wrestlers get vacation time or personal days?

12K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  GuessWhat: CenaSux 
#1 ·
This is something I've been wondering about for years. It sure doesn't seem like it to me. I think wrestlers deserve at least 1 month of vacation time a year. I know that seems like a lot though. I think it would help improve morale and make the wwe seem like a great place to work if the wrestlers all got to take a 1 week vacation every couple months or so whenever they requested it. It could help increase the life span of wrestler's careers as well. Obviously the build-up to smaller pay per views would be the best time to take it.

#4 ·
I guess wrestler can take time off but only if the writers have nothing for them and they aren't in a major storyline with someone else, for example, Kelly Kelly was able to take 2 months off last May when she wasn't involved in a program. But I doubt someone like CM Punk or Sheamus can just walk up to Vince and request 3 weeks off when both individuals are currently booked in a major storyline. The only exception to this, is if a wrestler gets injured, suspended or in female cases maternity leave, in which the company have no choice but to give them time off.

#5 ·
There are many factors. If creative has nothing for the wrestler then I'm sure they can request some time off. Unless they are new to the company and therefore have not earned the right to request time off(I'm just assuming here). If they get an injury then they must have some time off. It would be very stupid and dangerous to make them wrestle anyway. Suspensions speak for themselves. If they are veterans like Taker then I'm sure they can get time off when requested seeing as they've earned it and then some. But, if they are very valuable to the company or involved in an important stroyline like Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Kane, and Bryan then an injury or suspension(even then they'd most likely do a fake injury stroyline after the angle is over) are the only ways for them to get time off.

#7 ·
Of course they do get some time off every once in a while. It depends on a lot of stuff though... There's no way CM Punk could get a month off for example, he's the champ and the show is focused on him. Ryback couldn't take some time off because he's in a very crucial stage of his career, he's either gonna get over as a main eventer (or at least upper midcarder) or he'll hang around in mid-card and be released few years later. Then there's guys like Cena who could use 3-4 month vacation :D

#8 ·
usually i hear that its 300 work days a year for them, leaving plenty to chill

#10 ·
do holidays count? I am pretty sure they get 2 weeks off (and they pre-tape one Raw for that time)

Other than that yeah kayfabe injuries/firings/suspension. Or my favorite one: Iron Clad Contract.

#14 ·
I think they have Weds/Thurs off generally and work the other 5 days. They don't have vacations unless injured or they are established and can bag some time off to rest and recharge.

#15 ·
These performers are basically well-paid slaves. 300+ days working a year. Traveling constantly. Adjusting body to time zone changes and jet lag. It's hard to believe many are as healthy as they are. When I think of it, it makes me admire these people even more, especially the super-active ones like Cena and Punk. They are never still and are always present.

Orton has been very vocal about WWE giving more time off. WWE doesn't care. It's the price you pay when you want to be in the business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.