Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #471 (permalink)
x78
Getting over in the mid-card

x78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a pushx78 is getting a push
Default Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
I just don't see Rollins having any direction whatsoever, so he just cherry picks buzz-lines from wherever he can find them. "You don't respect me? I don't think you respect me." That sort of thing. His gimmick is basically Happy-to-Be-There-Champion.

Also, his voice simply annoys me to no end, and I don't find his delivery any better.
I can't argue with any of that, but I feel like his promo style can get people behind him and sell feuds which is really all that is necessary for someone like that. Rollins is over as hell in the NXT Arena and the segment with McGillicutty ended with the fans chanting his name, which isn't something that would happen with a truly terrible mic worker especially after McGillicutty no-sold him earlier on.

I don't personally like Rollins' promos, but I'm not expecting him to be another Ambrose or Punk. As long as he can get himself over and sell matches and feuds, that's fine by me.