Wrestling Forum banner

Maine Republicans attack rival for playing World of Warcraft

6K views 88 replies 32 participants last post by  GOON 
#1 · (Edited)
:StephenA I have officially lost all hope for the human race...

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...k-rival-playing-world-warcraft-201446958.html

Politicians will go after any perceived weakness to win an election. And to the Maine Republican Party, there's nothing weaker than being an orc.

Maine GOP communications director David Sorensen sent out an email today detailing the lurid gaming life of Democratic State Senate candidate Colleen Lachowicz, whom he bashes for "living a time-consuming double life as a member of the World of Warcraft community."

Indeed, Lachowicz plays World of Warcraft as an orc rogue named Santiaga. She's played a lot, too; Santiaga is a Level 85 assassin and a member of the "Wreck List" guild. We know this because the GOP has handily created a website entirely devoted to monitoring Lachowicz's gaming sessions and chronicling her posts to online gaming forums.

To Sorensen, Lachowicz's interest in World of Warcraft is not only puerile, but sheds light into the kind of leader she might be for the state of Maine.

"In Colleen's online fantasy world, she gets away with crude, vicious and violent comments…Maine needs a State Senator that lives in the real world, not in Colleen's fantasy world," the Maine GOP writes on the site. They go on to list out a number of terrible things Lachowicz has posted, dinging her on her bloodlust ("I like to stab things"), laziness ("Ahhh, my productivity has never been the same"), and just general geekiness ("I love playing my rogue").

Lachowicz isn't the only Democrat who digs games. Last month, former president Bill Clinton told The Daily Show's Jon Stewart that he was "hooked" on a game, though he didn't specify which one.

Politicians have gotten in hot water over playing games before. In 2009, two Connecticut lawmakers were chided after being caught playing Solitaire in the middle of a budget debate. A year later, a city councilman in Bulgaria was dismissed from his post after repeatedly being warned about playing Farmville during meetings.

In this case, however, Lachowicz isn't being slammed for playing on the job. She's being slammed for playing, period. While she should probably back off a bit during election season, at least she's stabbing virtual objects instead of, say, shooting real-world hunting partners. Orcs get no respect.

For game news, free codes and more, Like us on Facebook and follow @yahoogames on Twitter!

Edit: This is the website dedicated to trying to bring the girl down for PLAYING A FUCKING GAME

http://www.colleensworld.com/

#52 ·
If a candidate playing World of Warcraft is the thing that changes your mind about voting for or against them, you probably shouldn't vote in the first place.

#71 ·
Im not drinking coffee from any mug. I think all politicians are full of shit. I just think you being a typical republican sheep and thinking that every law a liberal politician passes is a crux and will lead to the inevitable meltdown of the country. In reality, the country has been in meltdown mode since before 9/11. The fact that you think that Obama is destroying the country is pretty fucking hilarious, because it's not just him, it's the entire congregation of elected officials who stopped caring about their constituents and started caring more about pandering to lobbyists lining their pockets.

Constitutional rights arent being violated. When an officer suspects you of a crime, and pulls you over, is that a violation of your constitutional rights? He has REASONABLE SUSPICION and 95% of the time isnt pulling you over just for the sake of pulling you over. You wanna talk about blatant violations of the Constitution? How about you far right guys thinking "right to bear arms" means "I CAN OWN A SMALL ARSENAL, AND FUCK THE GOVERNMENT IF THEY WANNA TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME"...

I'm not the one who needs to wake the fuck up, it's you.

#88 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.