Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE willl never get edgy again

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mister Hands
Inappropriately tinkly music.

Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: WWE willl never get edgy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
I definetily agree with you that in some regards they sacrificed Punk's push so they could continue with Triple H Taker at Mania. Triple H had no intentions of being Punk's Vince. Not that you can recreate Austin v Vince because you can't.

I definetily agree with you about the enemies line and that's exactly why I'm not a huge fan of Punk's long title reign. This was the perfect opportunity to build an adversary to Punk and later on Cena but they got nothing from it. They've barely pushed Punk along and created no one else in the process. You look back at the Attitude era and you have Rock Manking having an amazing feud meanwhile Austin and Vince/ Taker are occupying the Main Event.
I think all of this, from the confusion with Punk's storyline, through to not making any credible stars during his reign, and the lack of any bite to the product... it's all stemming from the same place, and I think it's a kind of petrified stagnation. They're so comfortable at the top, they've got no impetus to raise the bar, and even when they have the opportunity, they squander it (whether it be from incompetence, malice or whimsy, or just a lack of desire to break the status quo). Hopefully Raw's declining ratings will get their fingers out of their asses, because they're stacked with way more talent than they had during the AE. It's just talent that hasn't been showcased right, if at all.

Mister Hands is offline   Reply With Quote