Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE willl never get edgy again

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Mister Hands
Inappropriately tinkly music.

Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: WWE willl never get edgy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
I'm going to have disagree because in my opinion Austin would be Punk if it wasn't for the over the top material.

It's like thinking that Punk could get to the same mass as Austin without the roids.
You could be right (as that Punk/Austin/JR video pointed out, we'll never know), but I feel that Punk's blowing a kiss to Vince was as brilliant and anti-authoritarian as any middle finger Austin ever threw. They just neutered that aspect of Punk, instead of letting it drive a saga like Austin/McMahon, and instead of giving him a Mr. McMahon, they gave him... Nash? Trips? Nash texting Nash? Del Rio?

See, I think there's a truth in saying WWE won't be edgy in terms of T&A and hardcore matches and whatnot anytime soon. But edginess comes in many forms. WWE just doesn't have as clear a vision as it did back then. Probably because your eyesight fades as you near the big seven-oh.

Mister Hands is offline   Reply With Quote