Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why are you still watching?

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #60 (permalink)
O10101
Learning to break kayfabe

O10101 O10101 O10101 O10101
Default Re: Why are you still watching?

I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. Though I do find the WWE of today lacking of the entertainment and quality it once held, I still tune in on Monday nights. Could that be out of habit? Maybe. There are some nights I regret staying up late when I have to work in the morning, those nights where not much happens to advance storylines and are just filler nights.

I'll always be a fan of the WWE though, it's just something I grew up with and something that has been a part of my life for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill_ View Post
CM Punk was the last straw.
I see that an entertaining technician who can cut a promo with the best of 'em must not be the type of guy that interests you in wrestling then...

Quote:
Looks like some bartender
Ah, are you secretly Vince McMahon, ya'know the old one who only pushed the roided up looking guys on the roster? I get that looks are important to a degree, but what about Mrs. Foley's baby boy? He sure didn't look like any superstar to me, in fact he looked like a hobo, yet he was and is loved by almost any fan of wrestling because he was entertaining and had talent.

Point being, you're a fool.

Quote:
and is equally as dull.
Calling CM Punk dull? Sounds to me you are just mad at how over he is, because any real wrestling fan would concede that he has talent and is entertaining. Maybe not all the time, sure sometimes he can be too cartoony, but everyone has off nights.

Quote:
Plus the guy thinks he's Christian Bale or some shit telling fans to 'fuck off'.
Are you talking about his character or his real persona? If you're talking about his character then I don't even know what to say. Heel's are supposed to tell fans to fuck off, their job is to be hated.

If you're talking about his real persona, his twitter type stuff and the fact he gets mad at people who approach him when he's in airports and what-not, then I still don't know what to say. I guess anyone who gets annoyed at people disturbing him on his off time is a Christian Bale rip-off.

Quote:
Busting this vanilla midget bore back to mid-card would be a start in fixing this disaster.
What would you prefer? An interesting storyline involving a dull bartender looking guy, or the same old stuff with a guy yelling about loyalty and hustle and respect while tossing in some head-shakingly bad "comedy" and fake emotion?

"I found a liquor store, and I drank it."
O10101 is offline   Reply With Quote