Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #391 (permalink)
Iormungand
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Iormungand Iormungand
Default Re: Oh Dear Ryback... [the botches]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
I have to say I was suprised ryback couldn't get tensai up in the air

it is the first time I have seen ryback show weakness, it is led me to look at him in a negative mannner now. He is supposed to be this big tough guy but can't lift tensai?

cena did it easily when he got uop tensai for the AA and cena 10 times smaller than ryback
Well Ryback has actually done it, on Smackdown, also the differences between the Attitude Adjustment and Shell Shocked are enormous. Ryback has to deadlift his opponent, then march around with him on his shoulders - John Cena just has to crouch down, lay them over his back, lock it in, stand up and then the hardest part is rolling them off onto the mat. the Attitude Adjustment requires less overall strength to achieve, but still requires a substantial amount to keep himself stable and safely throw them off their shoulders.

also you are right when comparing the size of John and Ryback, however John Cena is only 2 inches shorter and weights about 40 lbs less, so I'd say that Ryback is larger but not 10 times as much (though I understand it was an exaggeration so no worries). Point is that the Shell Shocked requires excess force just to lift the guy up to slam him down in a way that looks less impressive than the feat of actually lifting.