Wrestling Forum banner

Prime Time Players

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  nikola123 
#1 ·
There is nothing about them that really stands out other than they play the gimmick right. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Darren Young doesn't fit in with Titus Young. Actually, I always felt as though this tag team should have been Percy Watson, and Titus Young. Watson has so much more charisma, and ring presence than either of the two, but noticeably more than Darren Young. Titus brings some intensity, but I feel Watson would have brought more in terms of raw entertainment.

I didn't really enjoy his earlier stuff in NXT, as I thought it was practically a career killing gimmick for him. The glasses, and the overall look just made him seem less threatening. No, he may not have it all when it comes to working a match, but he is above average. His charisma is there, and his type of energy is definitely contagious. More importantly than all of that his on screen presence is there, and it seems like he supposed to be on television. Hell, give him an Agent/Mgr role for the PTP.

#4 ·
Sure, Watson was a diamond beetween the blandness of McGillicutty, Cottonwood or Lucky Cannon in NXT season 2, and they are wasting him. The guy has charisma, his Urkel-Eddie Murphy gimmick was funny and can wrestle.

I always thought Darren Young was plain useless. In fact it's a surprise he's still employed.

#5 ·
if they are Prime Time then why aren't they in the main event,

their name suggests that everyone on the show is technically prime time, or its just an misused afro american trait, i mean how is MVP the MVP before actually being an MVP?!

#7 ·
i have no idea what you're saying. They have great chemistry and work well together. Don't complain.

#10 ·
Exactly, that's why I even suggested Percy becoming their new manager, or even their agent. He has mic skills, and his charisma is there. Keep them together just add him in there as well. He could say he gave them their name. Bring Otunga in to all of this. Saying Watson sued Abraham for taking the rights of the name given to Darren, and Titus. Percy Watson says that he is "Prime Time" Percy Watson, and these are his "Prime Time Players".

#11 ·
I will never understand what people see in this team. They can't wrestle at all. Watching Kofi/Truth carry them through matches was painful to watch. Titus is just flat out awful but Darren is somewhat capable in-ring. Darren has 0 charisma & mic skills but Titus is passable in terms of mic skills but doesn't have any charisma either. The crowd is dead silent when they come out. No heat and no pop. If they weren't heel most people wouldn't care about them.

Also, their ridiculous Uncle Tom dancing for Mr. Mcmahon gimmick is worst thing I've seen since Cryme Tyme. Worst tag team in the division.

#15 ·
^^I laughed at the gimmick posting.

Darren Young fits perfectly with Titus. Percy Watson is nothing. He can say "Showtime" over and over all he wants. Doesn't make him better. Young and Titus gel nicely as a team. That's been proven. They're pretty much the most legit team going right now not counting the new, makeshift but seemingly moderate/long term, tandems of Kane/Daniel Bryan & Rhodes/Sandow.

#17 ·
I'm a huge fan of theirs. You could probably imagine my reaction to this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.