Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Fourteen year old strangles new born
View Single Post
post #70 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Glass Shatters
Humbled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
I'm not arguing that rape isn't a traumatic event. I am fully aware that a great deal of rapes go unreported, and especially so if its by a family member.
Okay, but IF she was raped, don't go acting like it doesn't deserve a little bit of leniency. At 14, with her mother still washing her clothes and cleaning her room, she likely didn't know the first fucking thing about motherhood. Also, she apparently lived in a trailer park and not to stereotype, but likely didn't have the best...uh...sources of information about what she could possibly do.

Quote:
However, at the age of 14 she a) didn't tell anyone, b) took great lengths to cover up the fact she was pregnant whilst she was pregnant, and during labour, then c) brutally murdered her baby and tried to hide the body.
Not telling anyone isn't a sign of anything except embarrassment, being ashamed, or fear. If you think wearing baggy clothes and putting water on a pregnancy test is "great lengths" to cover up a full term pregnancy, then I'd hate to hear your opinion on the real complicated things in life. The parents are at fault here just as much as she is.

Quote:
Even if she was raped this involves a certain level of prior thinking and planning. Potentially being raped does not excuse her actions. They are truly horrific.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, these go back to why the fuck was she so scared to put it out there in the first place?

"She didn't want her relationship with her parents to change."

That is child like thinking, which is to be expected out of a 14 year old not a mature adult.

Quote:
ftr she is being tried as an adult and apprently the baby's father is a juvenile.
14 years old is a country mile away from clear headed adult thinking. I don't think it will stick. And if the father is a juvenile, it doesn't rule out the possibility of a forced sexual encounter a.k.a rape.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome