Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What would your reaction be if TNA turned PG?

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bowlen
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Bowlen 251 - 500Bowlen 251 - 500Bowlen 251 - 500Bowlen 251 - 500Bowlen 251 - 500
Default Re: What would your reaction be if TNA turned PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
It's not really about catering to kids. It's about assuring the audiences that you can bring your families to our show. Whether you've realised it or not, the product is already PG. Storm would appeal to a younger demographic as well, and Jeff Hardy already does. Roode is the kind of heel that kids would just hate, as is Bully Ray. No one or nothing right now really crosses the line in terms of being more adult-oriented. It's a pretty clean show.
It is and it's something I dislike about 2012 Impact Wrestling. Prefer the edgier red TNA brand. The thing is: They can go edgier when they want it, because the show is still officially TV-14.

One question: Why is wrestling supposed to be a family show nowadays? I got interested in pro wrestling when I wasn't allowed to see it (I was around 12 when I started watching the attitude). An "edgy" and not "clean" program interests the older kids more than something has been made to cater them as the minority of the audience (this is exactly what WWE does).