Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Red Dwarf Series X Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Issues_Sunshyne
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority

Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: Red Dwarf Series X Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Skool View Post
Also I really don't think it helps the show with it being in HD, now I know that sounds a bit odd but part of the quaint-ness of the show previously was the cheap/budget sets (but they suited the style of the show) and I don't know it felt like it had lost some of it's charm with how 'smooth' it looked, maybe its just me.

I genuinely said the exact same thing. The pitch of the show was that it was set in space but could have been filmed in the BBC canteen. I know the early series are pretty old now, but the sets are that way in which they last. The whole HD with perfect sets behind them will put me off a little.

Since I last posted in this thread, one night I was bored and looking through Netflix in bed and started watching series one. I got all the way upto half way through series 8 before stopping, and didn't watch last night.

I think series 8 was funny but did lose some of it's charm and endearing qualities.

Series 1-5 are great, 6 and 7 are good but series 8 and the 3 parter were just poor shows with funny lines.

Not seen last nights yet. I will sky plus a few and watch them together one night.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote