Wrestling Forum banner

JR Interviews Austin and Punk

20K views 158 replies 102 participants last post by  pberry 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Yes, it's about WWE 13, but the match implications are huge.

#2 ·
That 12 minutes was better than anything the WWE has produced on Raw, or, Smackdown in the last 15 years. Austin is the greatest character of all time, and it almost doesn't feel like an act anymore. Punk was a bit intimidated, but did well trying to out do Austin. This shows you that Punk can still improve as Austin had hinted at this already in the interview. The mutual respect was nice, but a bit of a let down. I was ready to hear "heel" CM Punk, and think they wanted to stay away from that.

#37 ·
That 12 minutes was better than anything the WWE has produced on Raw, or, Smackdown in the last 15 years. Austin is the greatest character of all time, and it almost doesn't feel like an act anymore. Punk was a bit intimidated, but did well trying to out do Austin. This shows you that Punk can still improve as Austin had hinted at this already in the interview. The mutual respect was nice, but a bit of a let down. I was ready to hear "heel" CM Punk, and think they wanted to stay away from that.
How do I say this...No, it isn't. That's like saying it's the best thing Austin ever did in his career. No, that's exactly what you're implying. That the best thing the WWE has ever produced since 1997 is this slightly awkward interview. What the hell dude. What the hell.

Except if you think Austin's best work was as the Ringmaster.

#7 ·
:lmao

#11 ·
Ace. You can tell Punk was in face mode though. If this was done when he was heel that would of been even better imo. But anyway the main focus was to sell the game not the match. Nice to see these to work together also.

Thanks for sharing, was a good watch :)

#15 ·
Damn this interview was awesome.

Didn't know Punk had a tattoo on his legs. :eek:

#23 ·
Rock is too nice to bury them like that.

When Punk was spouting shit all last year about him, when Rock was asked about him - he called him the BITW. :D

But it's the truth. He's bang on, is Austin.

But it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. There is only one or 2 'sharks' in the locker room.

#28 ·
:shocked:

That was awesome and it pains me a bit to say Rock has lost a bit of a step but Austin their shows he's still got every bit of that fire that he had in 1997 in him. If anyone doesn't think this wouldn't headline over Cena and Rock is wrong IMO, this program might not have the exact same attention as the Rock/Cena but I think the program would win over people quickly and shift this into the number one program honestly.

This match needs to happen at WrestleMania.

#52 ·
The Rock has lost nothing. It was just scripted to make Cena look a certain way...the Rock buried the entire roster and John Cena last summer on a mountain side vid. They didn't want those kind of promos burying their Make a Wish sympathy star. It hurt business and effected the views of someone like you but that's how far Vince has fallen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.