Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Freak snowstorms

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Warren Zevon
Humbled

Warren Zevon is an after thoughtWarren Zevon is an after thought
Default Freak snowstorms

Prior to yesterday, it looked like we were getting off to a slow start with the winter weather. Not a single drop of snow had fallen in the general area, in fact there have been wildfires being contained throughout the state. We were expecting 1 to 2 inches of snow based on the forecast, but the system shifted northeast and we got the brunt of it.

Power was going on and off at my work, and due to the nature of the job, employees were sent home at noon.

Our power was on and off for the majority of the day due to the storm, remaining off for over 4 hours at the worst, melting our frozen foods. At one point, the power was back on for 15 minutes, so I decided to take our truck out from the garage and put one of our cars in its place. Upon opening the electric garage door, the power went off again. With the garage door stuck open, our 15 year old australian cattle dog/australian shepherd mix ran away and was gone for over an hour in the storm.

Living in Minnesota all of my life, I've grown accustomed to snowstorms and strange weather in general, but I wasn't prepared for this at all. I haven't gotten out yet to check the snowfall, but I'm sure we got at least a foot of snow. I'm still not sure whether or not work will be opened up today, I'm expecting a call sometime in the next hour or two.

Edit: article on the storms - http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2...html?cat=10728

Last edited by Warren Zevon : 10-05-2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: added article
Warren Zevon is offline   Reply With Quote