Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze this: Copied gimmicks that turned out to be a bigger success

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Analyze this: Copied gimmicks that turned out to be a bigger success

Quote:
Originally Posted by YunisTaker View Post
Don't know if Stone Cold copied Sandman's gimmick but didn't he start acting like a crazy lunatic before Austin? If so, we all know who is the most successful one there.
There were dozens of guys over the history of the sport who did the crazy over the top tough guy gimmick before Sandman. If Austin copied Sandman (which I don't think he did at all) then Sandman copied Killer Tim Brooks, Joe LeDuc, Bugsy McGraw (when he was not doing his comedy gimmick) Dick The Brusier, The Crusher, etc...Heck Tojo Yammamotto was beating the crap out of guys with a kendo stick long before Sandman.

The character Austin created was only similar in attitude. I don't think anyone has a corner on the market at creating being a "could care less" bad guy. That is more of an attitude than a gimmick.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote