Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Cody Rhodes Puts over CM Punk as the Best in the biz!

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
scrilla
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL

scrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Cody Rhodes Puts over CM Punk as the Best in the biz!

Punk and Cena are about the same age. been in the business for about as long. Cena probably has a FEW more bumps on his body b/c he's been more full time than Punk for a couple more years although you can argue that Punk worked a style harder on his body from the beginning, but there's no way Punk is the FUTURE. he might have a year or two more than Cena in the tank, but he's too old to be the future. I assume Punk might get more years than most guys b/c he hasn't used drugs and alcohol, but still he's in his mid 30's now. i don't see him being a top guy in 5+ years. at least not a fully active top guy. he also seems like a Jericho type guy. he was ready to leave just over a year ago. he probably has other interests and lots of money. I don't see wrestling as his only interest/talent like a Hogan/Flair.

idk if Punk could be as big of a star as Cena because of the look and certain superstar aspects Cena has, but at the same time I think if WWE pushed Punk as hard as they've pushed Cena he could probably do better among a certain demo. I think Cena still reaches the masses more than Punk. I also think that if WWE pushed Punk as hard as they pushed Cena it would hurt some of his appeal anyway.

Cena is a mainstream icon, Punk is a cult icon.

#BELLA&HOOPLA

Last edited by scrilla : 10-05-2012 at 12:05 AM.