Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
lilblasta
Learning to break kayfabe

lilblasta is an after thought
Default Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Yeah, and not even a quarter as important. I don't give a damn if it's a 10 star match.

Because Austin is not relevant in 2012, he's not a draw anymore. I'm as big an Austin fan as you'll ever find, but it's the truth, he's not going to draw like he once did, like Rock still does, like even Triple H or Undertaker do, if for no other reason than that they never left. Punk should be in the main event with Rock, but since that's not going to happen, I don't want him to work a midcard match with Austin. It makes both of them look bad. It doesn't give Punk anything worth doing, no big drawing match with Rock that can put him over, no WWE title match, so it's pointless, then you have Austin coming back only to be overshadowed by Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and John Cena. I don't want the greatest wrestler in the history of this business to waste a return on something that's going to be the 3'rd or 4'th highest match on the card at best. Not only that, the most likely result is Punk losing, which makes him look even WORSE, because it was an unimportant midcard match AND he jobbed to a 47 year old with a broken neck and bad knees.

Do I want 1998 Austin vs 2012 Punk? YES. Do I want 2012 Austin vs 2012 Punk? NO. I want this match to be treated with either the respect it deserves, or I DON'T want to see it. It's not going to get that respect, because Austin will never be the main draw for a Mania again and Punk isn't Cena. I don't want a half assed, lazy, midcard version of what should be a dream feud.

You say you are a fan, yet you don't want to see a match because Austin in your mind wont draw any money? WTF kind of fan are you? Someone has to make money for you to want to see them wrestle? Why do you even care how much money a match will make anyway? You aren't the promoter, you wont be seeing a dime of it. You are no fan.

Even IF 'oh it wont be a draw' were a valid argument for a FAN not wanting to see a match, if a Punk Austin match ever happened, it would be at WM 30, once Austin's knee has had enough time to properly heal, and the rock/lesnar or rock/cena match won't be the top billed match on the card, Austin-Punk would be.
lilblasta is offline   Reply With Quote