Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #73 (permalink)
Olympus
Old School

Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

I don't think it's necessarily fair to look at it from a longevity/discography standpoint because of how many lives/careers were cut short for so many of these guys. TBH, Pac's posthumous albums would pull him down in the rankings if you're looking at it that way and guys like Biggie and L never got the chance to truly shine especially L.

I look at from a content standpoint. What are you talking about? Can you paint a good picture in my mind? Your wordplay, double/triple entendres, metaphors, alliteration, flow, rhythm, diversity, style, production value, consistency throughout your discography, collabs, etc.

That's why Nas is my GOAT because he hits most of these categories if not all and hits them well. It's also why I put Pac so high and rank L higher than most wood. Lyrically, he was insane. No one's had a better punchline game before or since.

It's really unfair to base your judgements on something not everyone has a fair chance at.