Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #70 (permalink)
Ether
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Discography is a big part of where you are positioned in the greatest of all time lists IMO. That's why Biggie doesn't even make it to my top 10 and if he does, at the very last spot maybe. Consistency is also important to me which is why Nas only makes it to the bottom part of the top 10 despite being an amazing rapper. One undisputed classic, a few good albums and some disappointments with a few gems in them. Exactly why Scarface is in my top 5 since all his albums are at least good.

Also, none of L or Pun's albums are even all that great or the classics they are made out to be. Capital Punishment is way too long and has too many stupid skits whereas L's debut just doesn't have that 'classic' feeling to it. As a DITC fan, it doesn't feel all that different from the rest of their early 90s albums yet it gets 100 times the attention they get. His second album was incomplete so that means it didn't get the chance to become the classic it could be.
IWW, Stillmatic, and Illmatic are all undisputed classics imo
Lost Tapes is arguably a classic and 9/10 at worst
God's son is the same thing but I don't rate that album as much as the other 4
Depending on how well Life Is Good ages, that may wind up into a classic too (Outside of Summer on Smash, fuck that)
Hip Hop is Dead is ok, 7-7.5
I am.., Nastradamus (outside of maybe 5 songs), Street's Disciple (too long) and Untitled were all bad- average at best
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote