Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
There are plenty of names that should be ahead over most guys there it just depends onw hat you're looking for. In terms of pure old school where's Run DMC,Eric B,Kool G Rap,Slick Rick,Guru?

Ya they're trash but since they were on tv you clowns think they're so awesome!
Scarface was on TV? I didn't know about that. The reason I think highly of him is because he's undoubtedly the greatest gangsta rapper along with Ice Cube and the greatest rapper to come from the south. He's made classic upon classic albums, been part of the one of the greatest groups in Geto Boys, has longevity, amazing storytelling abilities, laid the foundation for "mafioso rap" (a style Kool G Rap mastered later) and more that I wont bother pointing out since that was enough to prove he's fully deserving of being in the list over no names like Copywrite.

And any credibility you had was destroyed the moment you mentioned Eric B. Need I remind you that he was NOT a rapper? Hell, some people are not even sure if he produced the albums with Rakim and you are out here mentioning him because it somehow makes you look cool and "knowledgeable". And rarely you'll find a bigger Run DMC fan than me but face it, they are NOT worthy of a "greatest rapper list". For one, they were a GROUP and like the Beastie Boys, only worked to perfection as one. Neither Run nor DMC have anything to boast about when it comes to solo careers or at least solo performing. Their rapping style was pretty much them rapping together every verse, not to mention, despite making classic music, their rhyme schemes were basic as fuck and would never land them in a "greatest rappers" list as standalone acts. Now as a group... Run DMC is at least in the top 5!

I think Guru, Slick Rick and Kool G Rap deserved to be in the list, specially over trash like Kanye but that's a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I don't think Kanye should be in the top 10, but if I'm picking 32 of the greatest rappers ever yes I would include Kanye, that's just my personal opinion.
I wouldn't put Kanye in the top 50 and maybe not even top 100. He's an AWFUL rapper and he's lucky to have the production skills he does. Otherwise his albums would have all been dreadful garbage. One of the most unbearable rappers I've ever listened to by far. And that voice makes me wanna strangle him.