Wrestling Forum banner

Why Does Everybody Hate Sheamus?

15K views 121 replies 81 participants last post by  Boss P 
#1 ·
what did he do to deserve to get hated on? He just doing his job.

#122 ·
My reasons?

1) Apart from his unique look, he's no different from anybody else his size. He doesn't shine in the ring more than the average guy his size, and he doesn't shine on the mic period. He was never pushed to the main event as a result of his actually gaining any admiration (or hatred) from the audience, or surge in interest as a result of his actual work, or character. He was chosen by the company. I don't mind WWE choosing him (it's their company) but it hasn't been proven to work. Top faces typically develop organically, like John Cena's thuganomics run, or Batista's brilliant story arc with Triple H. When guys become top faces there's usually some spark of brilliance on a creative/artistic level that pre-dated it but Sheamus has no such thing (thus far) on his resume. Maybe he'll do it later, but he hasn't done it yet, which would naturally lead me to believe that he's a project of one of the executives backstage.

2) Reason 1, in addition to the fact that he's basically become a less talented, Irish-caricature version of Cena doesn't do him any favors.

Some people say he was good as a heel, but I disagree. He was just as generic as a heel as he is a face. I see no differences in the character apart from the fact that the face character tells more jokes. But maybe that's just what I see. I'll never be a Sheamus guy. Heel or face, I find the character culturally and artistically irrelevant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.