Wrestling Forum banner

Can't Creative Find Something Else For Punk Except "Respect" BS?

4K views 44 replies 35 participants last post by  Shawn Morrison 
#1 ·
for a guy to be considered to be # 2, he sure gets bad story-lines. I am sick of hearing Punk say "Respect" and "Best in the World" every other sentence while he speaks. Give him new material or turn him back to a face. People complain about "I am the Tag Team Champions" shit, this is "Respect" "Now give me my Respect" "Say I am best in the world, NOW" every freaking week is getting really tiresome.

His face run was 10 times better than this crap. At least he was better written. I think they should make him face again and be relevant again

#4 · (Edited)
What would be better?

The Champion of the company going around demanding respect is wrong to you? Thank god you're not a booker. This is the only storyline that's keeping Raw afloat. And Punk seems to be the only one that takes that title as seriously as everyone else should.

#8 ·
I don't have any problem with him demanding respect. The problem lies in that he actually isn't getting even close to the respect that he should, so he's 100% right. The scenario should be that Punk is getting respect but just isn't satisfied and wants more. I'm all for heels speaking the truth, but this is to the extent where the faces just come across as the real bad guys.

The best scenario right now would be that Punk beats Cena (who is rumored to be pretty banged up) at HIAC, gets his respect, and then transitions to a new phase.

#15 ·
yeah, another reason IWC should never get to have any part in WWE booking. Punk's whole character/angle from 2011 is based on getting respect from backstage and not have to always take the backseat to Cena. It makes sense. You can't be tired of the 'respect' BS, its the main thing this storyline is about, however you can be tired of Punk's promos, which i think have actually been excellent as of late, and i have no idea how someone would want him to change his awesome heel persona just because he talks about 'respect'. Some people sure get themselves annoyed for no reason.

#35 ·
yeah, another reason IWC should never get to have any part in WWE booking. Punk's whole character/angle from 2011 is based on getting respect from backstage and not have to always take the backseat to Cena. It makes sense. You can't be tired of the 'respect' BS, its the main thing this storyline is about, however you can be tired of Punk's promos, which i think have actually been excellent as of late, and i have no idea how someone would want him to change his awesome heel persona just because he talks about 'respect'. Some people sure get themselves annoyed for no reason.
What's the name of your dealer ?

i need some of that shit...

#20 ·
How's he not getting the respect? The fans were going mad for him during his face run?

What exactly is he complaining about?

Any superstar would accept losing their main event spot to Rock at WM... It doesn't matter who you are, there's nothing bigger than Rock vs Cena.

It's the bookers he should be complaining to about the other PPV's, not the fans or Cena...

#22 ·
WWE seems to be using Punk as a "take that" to all the smark/IWC/blogger complaints. There were some critical articles on the blogs about the subject of the WWE champion not seeing a main event PPV match in so many months, so to address it they've booked Punk taking what is a valid complaint and using it as an excuse to be a big jerk.

#24 · (Edited)
Why is it always so negative on this forum?

Punk is finally being treated like a main eventer. They're establishing him, featuring him, focusing on him. He's got a good direction, good position, good material. His current run is cementing him as a top, top talent. But the angle isn't perfect, so lets complain.

Given were he was placed on the card as champion up until the heel turn, shouldn't it be enough that Punk is in a much stronger position right now than he was two months ago?

#28 ·
I guess it's the usual Internet thing, that some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy. This is pretty mild seeing how there are a few posters on the board that mainly post about CM Punk, despite (or because) that they don't like him. But I do agree with you that it's far better to focus on the positives since that's far more likely to lead to actually being entertained.

#25 ·
I have loved Punk's heel turn, and I think it will payoff once Lesner returns to complete the stable. Personally I would like to see another person added maybe a Dolph Ziggler or a debuting Dean Ambrose (but that is wishful thinking). I just love that CM Punk is the complete opposite of cena, and thats enough for me.

#27 ·
Punk's character is just fine right now. It was getting a little stale around the time of the AJ/Bryan/Punk love triangle but they sorted it out with this heel turn.

The question that should be asked is: Can't creative find something else for the rest of the damn roster?

#29 ·
The only problem with the storyline is that Punk has actually been booked very strong in his title reigns, in title matches he has beaten everyone relatively clean so it makes no sense that guys like JR/Cena aren't giving him respect. This type of angle would be fine if he had cheated his way through the 300+ day title reign but he hasn't and if he isn't " Best in the World" then who is?

#31 ·
There's only so much you can do with having him say "show me respect, im the best" every single damn promo he does, he's becoming redundant. Here's the problem, they are showcasing punk and they are milking every little bit of him.

#32 ·
Hell Punk > Facec Punk by a long shot but this whole storyline is so back-ass-wards its borderline ridiculous.

The Hell (Punk) has all the odds to overcome, the WWE champion is the one being "disrespected", and the face is being seen as the favorite and the heel the underdog. Its exactly backwards of everything a wrestling feud has been over the last how many ever years. Not to mention the whole story is based around CM Punk needing to beat Cena for the 6th time to earn his "respect". IF this is the best "creatve" can do its a sad sad state of affairs for the WWE.

#36 ·
People seem to miss the point of what a heel is supposed to be. Which is that they're supposed to be annoying wanting a face to shut him up or stop him, etc. Obviously what he's doing is working because he's getting booed more and more. He still will get some cheers because there is fans who will cheer him no matter what but consistent asking for respect and how he goes about it is getting him the heat WWE wants him to get. The things he is bitching about is valid stuff and stuff that people on forums were bitching about.

Think it gets forgotten that this is a link storyline to his storyline from last year which if you paid attention was about the lack of respect WWE showed him and how everything was revolved around a guy like Cena. Fast forward and we're in a similar situation WWE has overshadowed his title reign despite working his ass off even toning himself down and Cena is still revolved around. Makes perfect sense and no one can sit here and tell me they could come up with a better storyline without turning Cena heel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.