Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Worst TNA Decisions of 2012?
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Shepard
La vie est drôle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Worst TNA Decisions of 2012?

Quote:
Lol @ the Aries title reign hate. Option C was a genius idea that adds prestige to Destination X and he was over as hell. There was no reason not to put the strap on Aries in an underdog win over the mega heel in Roode.

Unless they had absolutely nothing planned for him to do after winning the belt.

I enjoyed Aries winning the title, I never expected it. Looking back I still think it was the right decision at the time because of how over he was and the fact Storm/Roode can carry itself. Would I have done it? Probably not, but at the same time it might not have given option C the same legitimacy.

It's more the booking of Aries as champion which annoys me. He's never seemed THAT important, or as entertaining as his X title run. The Roode/Aries stuff was brilliant, but then No Surrender was boring and the build with Jeff is poor. The only thing he guarantees is a quality match whenever he appears on PPV, moreso now he has main event time to work with. But if Jeff gets the belt at BFG I'd consider Aries' first run to be a poor one. There's still time to fix it though, maybe I was just expecting too much after the brilliance that was Roode's title reign. I'd be infinitely more interested in Hardy/Aries if one was heel, maybe heel Jeff. Aries is probably one of few in the company with the potential to outpop Jeff.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome