Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze this: Copied gimmicks that turned out to be a bigger success

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
theidealstranger
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

theidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serious
Default Analyze this: Copied gimmicks that turned out to be a bigger success

This came to my mind while I was reading about Blackjack Mulligan and more importantly Nature Boy Ric Flair. Both of them essentially took up the gimmicks of already existing wrestlers completely in all aspects where Mulligan took it from Lanza and Ric Flair from Buddy Rogers and found immense success.

Has there been similar other cases in history of pro wrestling other than these two where copies has been more if not equally successful?

I can think of Jay Lethal copying Randy Savage to a certain amount of success but both were are different leagues.

Spoiler for TIMBER!:

Last edited by theidealstranger : 10-04-2012 at 07:54 AM.
theidealstranger is offline   Reply With Quote