Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE Main Event Weekly TV Show Discussion

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 AM   #104 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official WWE Main Event Weekly TV Show Discussion

Thoughts on the new show:

I like how they spend the first 15 minutes of the show hyping up the Sheamus/Punk match. With both guys getting enough time for a video package and a short backstage promo, made the match feel like a big deal. The sneak peek of Punk's new documentary looked sick too.

The Sheamus/Punk match itself was decent, albeit nothing amazing. The first half felt quite uneventful and it was only at the finishing stretch when things became interesting. I'm not ragging on Sheamus because quite frankly I'm a fan of his, but Punk was the better man here. He plays a much better heel than face and it shows here. Punk flipping out when he realized was about to get Brogue Kick'd was golden. Fun match with a surprising ending.

The tag tournament quarter final was tonnes of fun for a 5 minute match. Santino really works best in this environment and his exchange with Gabriel was actually pretty amusing.

Overall, I thought the first episode of Main Event was pretty entertaining and the different structuring of the show was a breath of fresh air and set it apart from other WWE programing. I'm not a fan of Orton/Show having a longish match next week, but the show's fresh new way to present the 'main event', definitely warrants a watch for next week's show.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote