Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #246 (permalink)
eddiefan
Little Poppa Pump

eddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friends
Default Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Been catching up with all my downloads over the last few days and ended up watching Rock of Ages, Safe House, Safe and Magic Mike. Kevin Nash was in 2 of those movies which was surprising.

Don't enjoy musicals all that much so Rock of Ages was pretty boring for me. With the focus being mainly on the music, the story didn't really have much going for it. The leads were pretty terrible and were just around to look good. Read reviews which said Tom Cruise was really good in this but whenever he was on screen I just felt like punching him. Overall, it was nothing great and I wouldn't recommend it.

Safe House was a very average action movie and Denzel Washington needs to stop making these kinds of movies now. He is just too old for this shit. He wasn't bad in it and was actually the best part of the movie but I wish he would just stick to making movies which are worthy of his talent now.

Safe was another nonsensical Jason Statham movie. Watch it if you enjoy him being superman and take down enemies without getting a scratch. I would avoid this if that isn't your taste.

I thought Magic Mike had a pretty good story. It just had terrible actors. Only Matthew McConaughey was any good. Casting Channing Tatum makes sense since I'm sure that attracted the female crowds to the movie, but I hope Soderbergh is done using him now. Terrible, terrible actor who plays every character he does the same way. The female lead was just as bad. Could have done a lot more with a better cast.

Glad to get all these out of the way so I can now watch Moonrise Kingdom, Hunger Games and a couple of more movies I am looking forward to watching.