Wrestling Forum banner

BIG GAME ROBBEN

352K views 9K replies 237 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
Since Liverpool are starting their Europa League campaign tonight, may as well start this thread now.

This will be rodgers first season in Europe, so I expect he'll look to have a solid competition. I reckon AVB will take this competition more seriously than Redknapp and Newcastle will want to do well for sure. Hopefully these three teams will do well and help England's co-efficient points.

As for the CL, we're retaining it :jordan2

See less See more
#1,682 · (Edited)
Re: UEFA Champions/Europa League 2012-13 Thread

i think this goal is case enough for no team to ever, ever play zonal marking again. like, what on earth is yaya doing? guarding space is a bit pointless if your opponent has found space elsewhere.
Barry is the main culprit there. That's his jurisdiction. Starts off in the wrong position then completely fails to attack the ball. Looks like a GEEK who has been forced to play a contact sport at school, in February and in kit four sizes too large. Infact just about everybody is out of position, besides Zaba, Garcia and Nasri.

Toure looks like is genuinely confused at what his role is, he starts off determined to mark man-to-man (Tevez? too.), gives up and ends up looking lost.

As Seabs put it a few pages back, IS A CATASTROPHE.

A positive for City is that errors in zonal-marking are easy to diagnose. If they ever manage to get it down, their size and power will pretty much mean no more conceding from set-pieces.

A negative would be that they're all but out. Again.

Finally, is Mancini's poor grasp of English a worry for you City fans? Admittedly I only seem to catch interviews with him when he's APOPLETIC WITH RAGE but his comprehension seems to be really subpar. I assume he must really struggle getting messages through to players, especially with such a hodgepodge of nationalities in the mix. Somebody get that guy Rosetta Stone.

#1,683 ·

If City don't beat Madrid, they should just purposely tank at the Westfalenstadion to make sure they don't go into the Europa League.

I'm praying we get through and a big reason why is to avoid Thursday nights, because those Danes are definitely finishing bottom.

#1,688 ·

I'd rather prioritise the Villa match. We can finish the group off easily with 3 points at home to Cluj. Even if we rest a few key players we should have a strong enough team to get a point tonight. Just care for an entertaining match if I'm being honest. Anderson and Nani will probs both start. Hopefully Hernandez too. Put Rooney, RVP, Valencia, Young and Rio on the bench.

#1,697 ·

Fascinating Manchester United side. Think Anderson and Giggs will play centrally and deep - Welbeck out wide opposite Nani

#1,699 ·

Barcelona is going for the 12/12 points on its group

Im calling a hat-trick from the best in the world Messi

#1,701 ·

Celtic: Forster, Lustig, Ambrose, Wilson, Matthews, Commons, Wanyama, Ledley, Mulgrew, Samaras, Miku.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Song, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Sanchez.

Glad to see Big Sammy back in the Team, we really missed him when he had to go off injured at the Nou Camp, Did Pique fail a fitness test before the match or is it just a precaution from Tito?

If we play like we did in the away leg then we have got a real good chance of getting a point, the fans will also play there part tonight

#1,705 ·

Celtic: Forster, Lustig, Ambrose, Wilson, Matthews, Commons, Wanyama, Ledley, Mulgrew, Samaras, Miku.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Song, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Sanchez.

Glad to see Big Sammy back in the Team, we really missed him when he had to go off injured at the Nou Camp, Did Pique fail a fitness test before the match or is it just a precaution from Tito?

If we play like we did in the away leg then we have got a real good chance of getting a point, the fans will also play there part tonight
Fuck i know Pedro and Sanchez are good but FUCKING PUT VILLA!!! he has scored 3 goals in the last 3 games this guy is a complete beast let him play for fucks sake

#1,702 ·

Predictions time, I'm going for Chelsea 1-1 Shakhtar and Braga 1 - 3 Man United. What about you guys??

Reactions: haribo
#1,703 ·

Going for a Celtic surprise tonight, got a feeling that they may win this evening. Celtic defender Rogne is a player to watch out for. Future star.

#1,706 ·

Predicting 2 red cards in the Chelsea v Shakhtar game

#1,708 ·

GOAL Chelsea. Gets on the end of Pyatov's attempted clearance and opens the scoring v Shakhtar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.