Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #6660 (permalink)
Mister Hands
Inappropriately tinkly music.

Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I just happened to be watching Raw with my dad in the room this week. Punk/JR was on at that particular time and what did he think about it? Why the hell is this guy talking to the commentator about respect? That's what he said. Admittedly I lol'd but if that doesn't give some insight into a casual fans perspective then I don't know what will. And he isn't even a casual fan. He just knows the main guys because I've been watching all my life and happens to catch the show whenever I have it on in the same room. Is that what most other people are thinking when they're watching these Punk vs. Legend promos? If it is then is it any wonder nobody is bothering to tune in and the regular weekly viewership number is dropping as every week passes by.
Heh, the family perspective is always fun. I remember last year, my dad (who used to watch a bit of WWF back in the Hogan years, and bits of it over the years whenever I'd have it on, and some World of Sport too) was watching a Smackdown main event with me - Sheamus/Henry, I think. About halfway through the match, he just walked out. I asked him why later, and he said "Well, the commentators weren barely paying attention to the match, so why should I?" There are all these things that we're so used to (and used to complaining about) that we probably forget are a huge turn off to fairweather or potential new fans.