Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #6654 (permalink)
Mister Hands
Inappropriately tinkly music.

Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
No doubt the 3 hours aren't helping matters but not a single hour of Raw this week even reached 4 million viewers which has become the benchmark for the regular viewership in recent times. We have seen a pattern of people tuning in and then leaving in the third hour but they aren't even doing that anymore. The standard 2 hours of Raw this week still only amounted to a 2.5 overall. And I'm not even discussing Punk here. He just happens to be the guy in the centre of the storm because he's the champion, he's the focus of the show and he's getting the most airtime. Whether it's him in this position or not, the fact still remains and regardless of the extra stress the third hour brings, when the main program on the show isn't pulling in the viewers then you're already beat. That encompasses Punk, Cena and creative as a whole. Raw can't even sustain it's regular weekly viewers now. That's a pretty serious problem.
You're right, of course. It's kinda sad, because I'm a huge fan of Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, etc, and I'm turned off the product even as they're getting main event slots and big pushes, just because the product is in a huge creative morass and showing no signs of getting out of it. I can't imagine what it's like for a "casual" fan who only invests in the surface level of WWE. Especially now when there's so much genuinely outstanding TV available on-demand that they could watch instead.