Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Raw Is CM Punk

Thread: Raw Is CM Punk
View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
Cack_Thu
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Cack_Thu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsCack_Thu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsCack_Thu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsCack_Thu should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Raw Is CM Punk

[quote=KO Bossy;12088841]What you're evidently failing to realize is that even when Punk wasn't in the spotlight and was taking a back seat to Cena, the ratings still weren't that great. Sorry, but considering I grew up watching in an era of 5s and 6s for ratings, a 3.1 with Cena on the show is NOT a good rating. Its just the 'WWE universe' accepting the Fed's bullshit as usual.

And speaking of the golden boy, let's assume for one second that Punk isn't the center of attention or the champion. Let's say Cena was both. What exactly do you think we're going to get? Punk isn't the champ and we're suddenly going to enter a new golden age? No, we'd be getting exactly the same bullshit we got with every other Cena title run. Crummy comedy and lame feuds. Who doesn't want to see Cena vs Big Show for the 50th time? He won't feud with the two other mega faces Orton and Sheamus. Oh maybe he can fight Miz again. No wait, R-Truth, there's a real money feud. Actually, Tensai is free these days, how about a 2-3 month extravaganza with them? ADR isn't challenging for the WHC anymore, let's try to recreate the magic from last fall. Maybe they can do like Vengeance last October (which Punk did NOT main event) and do the lowest PPV buyrate since December to Dismember in 2006.

Wrestling just isn't a hot product anymore. Its not because of Punk, even without him we'd still be getting the same type of shit, just a different color. The core of what the problem is is the focus on commercials and advertisement (which has shot up about 200% in the past few years), the focus on social media (I seriously don't care what Larry King thinks of Raw) and the worst booking and storylines in wrestling history. THAT is why people aren't tuning in. They aren't avoiding the product because "oh this Punk guy looks homeless, I don't like him", they're tuning out because "oh wow, Lesnar lost his first match to Cena and he looks like a loser...". Or "why is Cena pouring BBQ sauce on Michael Cole, who is almost nude?" Or "why does this AJ chick have 30 minutes of air time and mean more than the WWE title?" Or "holy Christ, this show is dragging, why is there so much filler with meaningless matches and segments like Sheamus and Big Show debating?" Or "why is Natalya farting all the time now?" Its stupid, illogical, pointless shit like this that makes the former casual fan say "wow, wrestling is REALLY uncool. Forget that, I'm gonna go watch UFC." This is why I scoffed when the Did You Know fact came up and said that Raw did better than Ultimate Fighter last week, basically saying "see, we're better than the UFC!" Meantime, UFC is better than the WWE in almost every single way and consistently crushes them in PPV buys monthly. Just typical Vince bullshit, getting his shots in, while his competition continues to ignore him and take his fans, then make money from them.

The Raw ratings do mean something. They act as a general indicator of whether or not the show is popular. The ratings suck now, and it clearly shows that Raw is not popular. THE SHOW. Not CM Punk. The entire product. I don't exactly see Santino Marella and Brodus Clay blazing the trail for ratings, or Cena and Sheamus picking up Punk's alleged slack. EVERYONE is doing poorly.

And my God, you can't even get your facts straight.

[quote]On the other hand people would rather see guys like Doll Jiggler,Punk,Bryan on Youtube than on TV.That's probably why people switch off their TV or change channels when their segments are shown.
Quote:

So why is it that Punk vs Foley last week gained almost a million viewers, if people are always switching off during their segments?

At the same time, on the April 23rd Raw, when Edge returned to tell Cena he had to beat Brock, that segment did one of the lowest quarter hours of the year, a 2.50. 2.50! That is fucking horrific. And who was involved? A WWE Hall of Famer and John Cena, the guy you said will increase ratings because he's a big star making his presence on TV. Well you're clearly wrong about that. At the same time, the CM Punk sobriety test that took place that same night gained 270,000 viewers and did a 3.63 quarter hour, which Meltzer was quoted as saying was one of the best ratings in a while at the time.

Here's the article, take a gander.

Before the current era of the 2s, only a couple of Raws this year had dipped below 3.0. One was Memorial Day, and its to be expected that there would be a loss since its a holiday. The second was the week after Memorial Day, which did a 2.92, which we ALL thought was atrocious at the time. The main event? Cena vs Cole and the BBQ sauce. Its amazing you're trying to make the argument that Cena is a super draw today because he was one several years ago when the WWE was a lot more popular than it is now.

You're all about numbers and how important the ratings are, want to see the numbers for the Raws in March when Rock was on every week?

March 5th-3.25
March 12th-3.27
March 19th-3.09
March 26th-3.05

What's your defense of this? You have the ratings mega draw, the Rock, going against your alleged gigantic draw in Cena, and this is the best they can turn out? A 3.05 for the Wrestlemania 28 go home show? Vince's return in June outdrew some of these shows.

Now you're gonna say "oh well they drew in the past." The past doesn't matter, its the now. The Rock is a terrific draw but not even his presence can boost the TV ratings up enough. Wrestling is just not popular in 2012, and you trying to draw up false facts and ludicrous presumptions to spin Punk into this evil ratings drain when its clearly incorrect makes me think you're just another blind Punk hater.
Writing lengthy essays over WWE's past,The Great One,Guan Sena's drawing ability etc wont deflect the needle of criticism from Phil's whinny fat-ass .
Cena draws flak for his linear character progression since 5~6 years.Similarly Punk gets chewed by some people for being a threat to ratings.If he could carry the company then perhaps your little projection that i am a blind punk-hater is fully justified.

Punk's whinny ass is not only too weak to carry WWE over his shoulder but whenever he attempts to lift Kane off the ground a yellow patch develops near punk's rear end.
Punk is your second rate,rold gold champion - business wise.Though one foot taller than Punk ,Diesel would proudly stand shoulder-to-shoulder next to Punk as the worst drawing champ.
That said,you do know individual breakdown numbers wont help punk's case so i suggest you not to selectively quote and misinterpret data.
Case in point.
March 12,2012.Road to wrestlemania.Taker and HBK's segment gained 869,000 .Punk's match followed right up next and a staggering 888,000 people either switched off their TV or changed channels.
Check.Verify.
http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articl...31212/10315012

Since Raw 1000 punk is at the helm.Punk is THE centerpiece of the show.Punk is in the spotlight.It's basically punk,punk,punk all the way?He is given a lot of exposure but alas, ratings plummet without John Cena.At least when Cena was the centerpiece of the show RAW averaged nearly 4.5 million viewers.Too bad now those numbers seem to be a distant dream. What about next week?Facts speak for themselves.

Last week's Raw got worse ratings than Cena vs Cole BBQ suace match on June 6th.This week w/o Cena RAW hit another "punk bottom" - got the lowest ratings since the day before christmas 2007.
Best in the world at everything he does.

WWE is a publicly traded private co.As a knowledgeable smark i presume you knew that.Investors,ads,sponsers keep the WWE brand floating.If ratings go down then you can bet CM Punk's sloppy fat ass that WWE will lose revenue.WWE MUST register profit as a NYSE entity.What was once ~19$ per share has predictably reduced to ~7$ per share over a span of 2/3 years.What decides the value of WWE shares?Yes TV ratings,PPV buys and NOT merchandise sales.Presently TV,PPV revenues contribute to 61% of their total revenue(quarter period).If next year WWE's merch sales account for say 55% of their total revenue it doesnt mean WWE did exceptionally well selling merchs.It simply means PPV,TV revenue crashed and loss was heavy.
For eg:I have 50 T-shirts and 50 toys up for grabs, net worth being around 1000 bucks.I have 10 PPvs and TV rights that fetch me 5000 bucks in return ,down from 10,000 bucks last year.Next year my Tshirt sale has risen marginally to 1200 but TV,PPV has done 4500.What is good for business?Merch sales or TV/PPV buys?
TV/PPV ratings are major indications of WWE doing good business(or faring badly) and has DIRECT bearing on the share-price of WWE.How else would you gauge the over all popularity of WWE.By CM Punk's internet popularity?Get a grip.
Essentially what was Attitude era all about?Ratings got by Pal Penis' affairs?Ratings drawn by God father's hoe-train?Gold dust?Shamrock?

WCW was on the verge of bankruptcy,how? Ratings! And people say ratings are NOT that important.Ratings are the benchmark for knowing the outcome of a product's marketability .SCSA was all over the show feuding with the Vinnie Mac thus he gets bulk of the appreciation for neutralizing WCW's ratings and eventually putting them out of business.Once again i reiterate,How do we all know WCW went out of business?Ratings .Poor ratings = bad business = revenue killer.
SCSA was all over the show and got the best in ratings.Thus he is idolized and appreciated by one and all.CM phil is all over the show and he breaks new ground for the worst ratings in years.Thus he gets berated.

Say what you want about Vince.He may be a senile old man but that man walks on eggshells when guys like Punk are running the show .Punk's drawing ability in comparison to Show,Cena is effectively useless.
Nobody will remember Punk if he gets injured and stays out of action for a year.Cena however is prolly being missed on TV and that explains why Raw gets "punk bottomed" to new depths each week.Upcoming HIAC PPV will give a precise clear image on Punk's drawing ability as champ.Without veteran John Cena to assist him in the task of carrying the company,Punk is making Vince bite the dust every week.

Incredibly most people just refuse to accept that SuperPunk is simply unable to even hold King Guan Sena's jockstraps.
#InconvinientFACT.

Last edited by Cack_Thu : 10-03-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Cack_Thu is online now   Reply With Quote