Wrestling Forum banner

When do you think CM Punk will lose the WWE title?

4K views 46 replies 43 participants last post by  JY57 
#1 ·
When do you think CM Punk will lose the WWE title?

#5 ·
The 379 day on his reign.

#12 ·
Seems like he's dropping it at HIAC.. I mean they had Jim Ross say "if you beat Cena at hell in a cell, only THEN will I call you the best in the world".. despite the fact that he's beaten him several times already. What makes HIAC special at all in the PG era? its no different than a regular cage match these days.

its just a really lazy way of extending their feud.. CM Punk is obsessed with being called the best so he's goaded into one last match where he finally loses the title. All the more reason not to pay $$ for HIAC.

#17 ·
Unless the recent Raw rating freaks Vince out to the point he shakes everything up, I'm expecting Punk to hold it until the Rumble. I would like to see him hold it until Mania and have a new face beat him and give Punk his kayfabe comeuppance, putting over a new face as a big star with a huge Mania moment.

#18 ·
Won't be at RR. That's another 4 months away. They aren't gonna keep the strap on Punk for another 4 months with ratings where they are. Punk may win it back right before RR to face Rock at RR but Punk will lose the belt at HITC or the Raw right after. And if done right they can elevate a new top player in the process. Cena and Punk are a dual injury away from royally fucking WWE. Vince better realize that soon before it's too late.

#21 ·
The gawd would like to see Punk lose it to Cena at some point (not HIAC) to get the strap on Rocky at RR, followed by Punk winning the RR n facing The Rock at Mania. Hell, i just want Punk to be somehow involved with the WWE title at Mania... Just as long as it aint Rocky vs Cena 2. I dont wanna see Punk's entire reign end up jus bein build up for another Rock vs. Cena match, nahmean?

The gawd would also be fine with Punk holdin the strap til Mania, but that aint gonn happen.

#22 ·
^^ Well, with Sheamus hinting at a Mania match against Punk at yesterday's tapings, you might be disappointed. ^^

#23 ·
Royal Rumble to The Great One. I thought he would have lost it at NOC, but now since Cena's health in general is a big question mark, they most likely not going to take the chance on Cena getting more beat up & injured. After HIAC, they either will let him rest or work lighter schedule.

#24 ·
I mean, Royal Rumble makes the most sense but I think this is what will happen: Cena is able to compete in HIAC and actually wins the match. He wins the title and the next night on RAW he comes out dancing around like a fool but then gives us some lengthy speech about how he's "going away for a while" aka like 4 weeks. Then he vacates the title and CM Punk wins it back later on RAW. This is something Creative would do, rendering CM Punks 300+ day title reign useless.

#26 ·
Day 434 which is Royal Rumble.
This. I hope Punk holds the title til the Rumble. I don't have any problems with him losing to The Rock which is weird because i really should lol! If Punk makes it to the Rumble he'll be the 10th longest reigning WWE Champion in combined days, passing Randy Orton.

#29 ·
I think he'll squeak by HIAC some help from Heyman and maybe Lesnar, and then lose it to Rock at the rumble.

#30 ·
Cena wins Royal Rumble match. Then Punk loses at the Royal Rumble to Rock, but because of something strange.

Setting up a triple threat main event of WM, Rock/Punk/Cena for the title. This would be a massive draw, and also allow WWE to have a match featuring Rock and Cena again, without looking overly stupid for all the "never before, never again", "once in a lifetime" nonsense from a year ago, because technically it would be different with a third wheel added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.